Patronus Making

The Patronus meeting was weird. Harry felt uncomfortable teaching. He and Hermione explained briefly how it was going to work. Harry, then, taught us the Patronus charm.

"Expecto Patronum!" I said sternly, while concentrating on the happy memory. A silver Phoenix shot out of my wand and soared through the room.

Nobody got it on their first try, since I already knew how to do it, i did. Everyone looked at me weirdly.
"As you guys probably know, I have an uncle and he happened to be our Defence of the Dark Arts Teacher for a year.  In that year there were Dementors in the school, for those who weren't here.  There was an attack. My parents were concerned so they asked my uncle to teach my brother and myself how to successfully produce the charm." I said, a lot of people still looked at me shocked including Fred and George.

"Keep going." They said in unison.

"I have been able to produce a patronus charm for long as Harry. Taking in consideration that I can't concentrate very well,  it wasn't as easy for me as it was for my brother. This particular charm takes a lot of concentration and you literally have to be one with the wand. Taking on Dementors isn't easy, you feel an exuberant amount of cold in your body and your happiness drains away. Also as I am a person who is very into my emotions I let my feelings take control sometimes." Everyone watched intently. "Therefore, managing this wasn't easy. First thing you have to base yourself on a happy event in your life. And you have to concentrate on that and that feeling only. When I was learning that, my uncle Remus used to make me say it very sternly and close my eyes keeping concentrate the happy emotion while my brother John shouted at me. It helped me because you have to be intact with your mind and wand. That's also why I can produce one on my first try mostly.

"That also means that you have to be one, you can't  let yourself think of anything else other than that happy feeling for even one second because if you do the charm will fail to protect you." Everyone watched as I spoke, even the twins were intensely looking at me. 

A second year Hufflepuff raised his hand.

"Yes?" I asked

"How do you know what's your patronus?"

"I asked myself that a lot, too. Sadly you can never tell what form your Patronus takes until you can successfully conjure it." I said "When I first produced my Patronus, I was taken aback when I saw it was a Phoenix. I asked my uncle Remus why. He explained to me that your patronus takes form of an animal that you have characteristics in common with. It's not these types of physical characteristics of course it's more of in depth characteristics. I spent time thinking 'Why a Phoenix?' Until I asked Uncle Remus once again. He replied: 'I don't certainly know why. But my guesses are that you have a way with words somehow you make people feel better with them as the Phoenix has healing powers. Also, Phoenix are bold creatures just like yourself.' And that's when I could understand why a Phoenix was my given patronus." I finished.

"Well, I certainly think that's enough." Hermione said indignantly. George went to my side and muttered: "She's just jealous." Why would Hermione Granger be jealous of me?

"Thanks for the help, Gianna." Harry said. "Can you keep helping me with the patronus lessons?" I nodded.

"Was it understandable? I thought I had just rambled for hours." I chuckled.

"Actually, it was brilliant. I think they all understood what the patronueses were all about without a book, you know?" Harry said.

"I mean, I've had Uncle Remus as an encyclopedia for my whole life." I said and he chuckled. Fred and George went to us but instead of me, they started talking to Harry. I crossed my arms and was joined by Cho Chang.

"Twins. It's time to leave." I said. They winked at Harry and we made our way out.