Invitation

The day after arriving from Hogwarts, John, Garfunkel and I went over to the Burrow at noon. It had been a gloomy day lately and I really wanted to see George. My tradition with Natalie staying over the summer was breaking after seven long years. The twins and Ron were degnoming the garden. The twins looking more annoyed than usual. When George saw me, he went over to me. I greeted him and everything but I had to talk with Fred.

"Fred, can I have a word?" I asked. He nodded and followed me to a swing set. I sat on the swing next to his. I didn't know how to tell him about it as Fred has pretty bad temper.

"Natalie sent a message with me. Uhm, she has been sent to a summer camp in Scotland this year and won't be able to contact us or anything until the end of summer. I'm sorry.." I said, he looked both gutted and angry. I felt uneasy, I was never good at telling bad news and Fred wasn't exactly super nice with me.

"That's rubbish!" He said anxiously. "Why would they do that?!" I shrugged, trying not to say anything that would just anger him more. He looked at me sadly.

"I dunno, Fred. Her parents do last minute things like these." I said, "She'll probably be here after the camp, though." I tried to lighten up the mood with that but he didn't buy it.

"I'm still sending her an owl." He said before leaving upstairs. I was scared for them, Fred and Natalie had had a bumpy last months, they had been constantly fighting and well I was scared that this would be their last strike. I returned to where George, John and Ron were. Mrs. Weasley came to sight.

"Gianna, dear! Can I have a word?" She said. Words had been famous with me today sadly but coming from Mrs. Weasley I knew that it would be important.

"Hello, Mrs. Weasley!" I said as eagerly as I could in attempts to not sound monotonous.

"I'll make this quick. We might need you to come with us somewhere later on." She said, "We will explain later but be ready to face it. It's something pretty traumatic." I gave her a quizzical look but nodded.

"Sure. Anything." I said and smiled at her. I really wasn't sure what was going on but I really wasn't in the mood for talking.

George, John and Ron watched us from the window nosily while Fred let Pigwidgeon fly away with his letter for Natalie. He seemed angrier than before.

"What's wrong with him?" Mrs. Weasley asked.

"Relationship problems." Ron said entering the room. John followed him but instead of coming to us he just sat in the living room with Garfunkel.

"And you, how are you two?" She asked me and George, I blushed. "Are you still in love?" She winked at us.

"Mum!" George said in annoyance. I chuckled, we both nodded our heads, I did shyly. George put an arm around me and kissed my cheek.

"Yeah, they're getting married tomorrow." Fred said sarcastically in annoyance. George sniggered as he looked at me. I frowned at both of them.

"Behave yourselves, boys." Mrs. Weasley said glaring at them. I smiled and went over to John who had finished his last year at Hogwarts. I wanted to spend my last summer with him as he was supposed to leave soon so it would just be me and the rest of the Weasleys because everyone seemed to be leaving.