The Song Has Changed

I cried and cried in John's embrace until I finally went to face my greatest fear. I walked towards the Weasleys. Tears growing bigger as I walked closer. The Weasleys were huddled around Fred's lifeless body. George was holding Fred's head and Mrs. Weasley lay across his chest. But the sight of Fred's body was enough to drain the coldest person in the universe. Fred, who had been cracking jokes with us hours before, now lay there breathless. What would I say to George? Before I could act upon it another of my greatest fears appeared before me. Tonks and my Uncle Remus were on the floor next to Fred.

"Oh my God! No!" I shouted, I couldn't contain myself this time. My beloved uncle and his wife who had been one of the few who stayed with me always and Fred were gone. Three of the most important people in my life. The Weasleys turned around. The sight of that made me cry even harder. George stood up. His eyes were red and puffy.

"Gianna."

"Oh, George." I said and hugged him as if my life depended on it. We cried and cried and continued crying until tears wouldn't come out. He whispered 'I love you' repeatedly. I started singing the familiar song of ours: Ziggy Stardust. I stroked his hair.

Ziggy played guitar.

"The song isn't the same..." I said. He nodded, not having anything to say or his words failing him.

"The song has changed." He said. Those four words gave me one last stab in the heart, knowing my whole family would be in sadness forever and I couldn't help, it killed me inside. My soul couldn't work with such pain. If I hadn't come after Fred perhaps Tonks and Lupin would've made it? This made me bawl even more on George's shoulder. I felt someone taking me by the arm. I could no longer move. It was Professor McGonagall. 

"Come." She said to me. I left George and John with the rest of the Weasleys. She gave me something to drink.

"You're in shock." She said. I nodded. I cried. She gave me a hug. "There, There." I don't remember anything else. Everything went black. All I could seem to remember was Fred's laugh and the screams I heard followed with: "No! Fred! No!".

The image of the Weasleys crying and the image of my Uncle Remus and Tonks. Teddy Lupin, he was my responsibility now. I was asleep yet my mind didn't stop thinking.

*Dream*

I walked and walked through the enchanted forest following a patronus whose shape I couldn't work out. I was deep in the forest already, there was no going back anymore. I heard a whisper calling my name, I didn't know where it came from.

"Gianna.."

I tried to follow the Patronus until I saw figures in the distance. I stopped and looked around. I had never been to this part of the forest. I felt myself involuntarily walk towards the figures. As I got closer I saw Uncle Remus and Tonks. My mind was deceiving me, I knew it.

"Uncle Remus?!" I shouted, he smiled at me.

"Yes, Gianna. Hello." I tried to say something but my words failed me.

"As you know, Teddy is your responsibility now." Tonks said. "I'll make this quick because there's someone waiting to see you. I don't doubt that you'll make a great mother to Teddy. Please take care of him, show him awesome bands, never let him feel like he doesn't belong. And please keep an eye on my mum, she needs someone."

"Tonks, I would never make him feel like that."  I said. "As for Andromeda, she'll spend as much time with Teddy as me." She smiled at me.

"I love you, Gianna." Lupin said as he smiled at me and they disappeared. Instead Fred stood before me.

"Gianna!" He shouted. My Fred.

"Oh, Fred." I tried to hug him.

"C'mon, Gianna. You can't hug dead people! No wonder you didn't get into Ravenclaw!" I chuckled but soon turned into a frown.

"I love you, Fred. So much..."

"I love you even more and George and my whole family." He said laughing. "Look, I came to you because I know that George wouldn't handle this too well. Please take care of him. He's going to try to push you away but don't let him, he needs you more than you think. He really loves you and well, I know you kind of have a child now so that can be your excuse."   I nodded. "Don't worry about me."

"Aren't you scared, Fred?"

"No, as a really wise man once said: 'Do not pity the dead. After all, to the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure.'  Tell my family I love them for me." Before I knew it everything was gone.