Coming To His Senses

We had no other lessons so we remained in our dormitory. Suddenly I heard a knock. I hid my dress and opened the door, it was George. I eyed Natalie and she left to the common room.

"McGonagall told me she'd given you the dress." He started. I wrapped my arms around him.

"Oh I'm sorry George! I was so mean to you. It wasn't your fault." I said. "Thank you so much. I really appreciate it!" He hugged me back.

"We should've known he was up to something. I'm sorry. Fred is too." He said. "Anyways, you said you didn't have a date, right?" I nodded. "Well, taking that you owe us one for the dress. I wondered.. Would you go with me?" I grinned.

"I mean I would've rather gone with a Durmstrang guy but you'll do." I said laughing.

"Don't push your luck. A girl from Beauxbaton asked me earlier today." He said.

"Oh dear, couldn't handle it, could ya?" I joked. "I'm way less sexy than they are."

"No, no. You're pretty great, Gianna." He said.

"I mean, you don't have to say it because you feel bad." I said laughing.

"I'm not. I was planning to ask you all along but I saw the guys from Durmstrang and I thought they had asked you." He said.

"Well, you're not wrong. Why have a guy from Durmstrang when you can have George Weasley?" I said laughing.

"Offense taken." He said laughing, "By the way, you should see Pansy Parkinson's face. It's covered with acne. I wonder what happened there." He pulled an innocent expression.

"She deserved it." I said. We were both sitting on my bed. He leaned slightly towards me.

" George you shouldn't be in here. You'll get caught." Hermione said entering our room with horrible timing.

"When have I ever cared about the rules?" He said coldly. Hermione left the room. "Look! I even cleaned Mr. Stardust here." He handed me Ziggy.

"Actually I must be off, the music class and I are going to be playing at the Yule ball and I have the arrangements." I said while picking my bag up and kissing him on the cheek. He held my arm, stopping me from leaving. "Thanks a lot, I really appreciate it, George but I really have to go." I slipped my hand out of his grip.

"To be continued." He said winking at me.