Tragedy

By June 24th, Natalie had recovered and the twins had been on better terms with us. The third task was tonight. Fred, George, Natalie and I had finished our last exam this morning.

To our surprise as we entered the Great Hall for lunch we saw Mrs. Weasley and Bill. Mrs. Weasley hugged Ginny, then Fred and then George.

"You two haven't been in much trouble, have you?" She asked the twins. "Gianna! Natalie, dear. How are you?" She said while embracing us. We sat beside the twins, George placed his arm around me and gave me a kiss. Bill winked at us.

"Since when are you two official?" He asked us which caused me to blush.

"I dunno... Are we official?" I asked. George nodded.

"Yeah, We started dating after the Yule Ball, if that's what you mean." George said, Bill chuckled. Well, I guess he is my boyfriend.

"I feel bad for you, Gianna. And you, Natalie. They're a handful." Bill said, we all laughed. After eating, Fred, George, Natalie and I went to our dormitories to change before leaving to see the third task. I decided to wear the sweater Mrs. Weasley knitted me for Christmas. I threw it on but noticed it was longer than usual. Natalie laughed when she saw me.

"George probably messed up when separating the laundry." I said before walking over to their dormitory.

"I'll be needing my sweater, George." I said. He laughed upon seeing me. Instead of giving me my jumper back, he put it on. I frowned, after a while he refused to take it off.

"Okay, you win." I said leaving, it was chilly outside so I put my Bowie coat on (also in hopes that the jumper didn't look too abnormally big). George wore a blazer on top of mine.

"You look ridiculous." I said laughing.

"I've been trying to copy your style, love." He said. I rolled my eyes as we took our seats on the stands next to Mrs. Weasley and Bill. We were all anxious both Krum and Fleur had been rescued from the maze but there had been no sign of Harry or Cedric. Mrs. Weasley kept rambling about it so we attempted to distract her by telling her stories. After what seemed an eternity Harry returned looking mortified, he had the cup but was gripping Cedric Diggory as well. We went to get a closer look. An image I would never forget entered my brain, Cedric's body lay there lifeless. His father clutched it while crying. My heart sunk, George quickly grabbed my arm and pulled me away. I hadn't known Cedric very well but he had always been so decent and nice. George hugged me, I didn't even realize there were tears streaming down my face. He seemed proper guilty.

"Cmon, Gianna. This isn't good, let's go." He said. We walked back to the castle, George's embrace remained all the way into the castle. John followed to make sure I was okay. John, himself, was in worse shape than I was. He and Cedric were pretty close friends.

"I'm sorry, love." George said after a while.

"I'm just being dramatic, I guess." I said. "Cedric and I were just acquaintances."

"I know you were fond of him, Gianna." He said. "He wasn't such a bad guy." I smiled at him.

    Fred and Natalie caught up with us. We stayed in the common room sofa. George was there right beside me all night. The mind wanders and he had been there every time I cried even if it was just small tears. You never think something like this would happen to someone you know. It could've been Harry even. The thought terrified me but I drifted to sleep after a few hours.