Monkey Business

One day at the Great Hall while we ate, the twins heard Ron saying their name and without hesitation they jumped up and went to him. Natalie and I watched them, Hermione was the Gryffindor prefect and she was especially strict about it so with the twins' advertisements it wasn't pretty. They were constantly bashed about it and they'd been mad with everyone.

They returned a few minutes later. Natalie was writing an owl to Oliver Wood, Fred glanced at it but looked up at me. Fred and Natalie were okay, I guess. They still hung out with us but it wasn't as fun as fun as it was years prior but George and I were still okay so it didn't really matter to us.

"She can't stop us!" Fred said irritably.

"Who does she think she is?" George added while examining a letter from Uncle Remus. I quickly hid it.

"Well, she is the prefect." Natalie said. They glared at her. I mean, she's not wrong but had that ever stopped them? I don't think it will and honestly, I understood them.

"Just gather the first years secretly." I said and shrugged.

"Nice, nice." George said pointing at me moving his finger. "We're going now, see you in a while." He said and gave me a kiss and left while Fred waved at us. I finished writing to Uncle Remus who had sent me a few instructions.

At the end of the letter said:

Ps.  Keep an eye on the twins and keep the book hidden at all times. They'll be dodgy about it and will try to figure it out.  

  -Snuffles (Ask Ron)

I was entirely sure it was Sirius but I decided to ask Ron anyways.

"Hey, brother-in-law! Can we talk?" I asked. He nodded and got up and followed me.

"How's being prefect treating you?" I made small talk before asking him. He shrugged.

"It has its perks. Hermione takes it in seriousness at Percy level, though." He said looking annoyed. "She's always nagging and I look bad as well."

"I see. Do your own thing really, Ron." I said, I guess this wasn't the best piece of advice but Hermione was getting on my nerves as well. "Anyways, Uncle Remus sent me an owl that said to ask you who Snuffles was." He leaned into me.

"It's Sirius." He whispered very quietly. I nodded. Hermione called him. He rolled his eyes, I chuckled.

"Cheers, Ron." I said before leaving. I still had the Mandrake leaf in my mouth. It was disgusting. George was getting suspicious about me avoiding kissing him already but I couldn't do anything about it. While I was doing my training in one of the rooms that weren't at use, Hermione snapped at the twins. They didn't really tell me much but when I caught up with them they were in a horrible mood.

"Where have you been, Gianna?" George asked. "We looked for you everywhere before testing on the first years. Your dormitory was empty."

"I was with McGonagall, George. She's helping me with something." I lied. I know it's a horrible excuse and very worn out but I was on the spot, I'm not very clever either.

"All the professors are helping you now." George snickered. I rolled my eyes.

"Leave her." Fred said, not in a bad way though. I looked at them, George met my eyes.

"I just need your support now, Gianna." George said, "We both do. You said you'd help us."

"I'm sorry but I need yours too, George. I'm really busy but I'll make time to help you guys." I said. The twins looked at me questionably. George hugged me.

"I'm sorry. I don't want you to give anything up for me. I'm just angry at life." George said. "I shouldn't've talked to you like that. I trust you."

"It's all good. I promised." I said smiling. "Just look for me if you need any help."

"I just wish you'd tell me what you're doing, seriously." He said. Fred looked sort of uncomfortable now.

"I wish I could tell you too. I will tell you but I need just a little more time, George. Give me a few weeks and you'll see." I said trying not to sound too fishy. I know, I know George probably thought I was cheating on him, sneaking out, avoiding him and his kisses. Sounds really serious. Somehow though he didn't really question that too much.