Loss

Natalie came as soon as she could to start planning the wedding. George insisted on paying for it. It was going to be in November, a good two months after Fleur and Bill's. We were too invested in planning though. I had missed Ron's birthday in which he nearly died and so did I when I received the urgent owl from George. He assured me I didn't have to worry too much but I was still extremely worried.

A lot happened, Natalie and I had been buying decorations and dress shopping. We had no interactions with anyone aside from that. Dumbledore was killed. I wasn't helping with the Order when it happened. It felt horrible, I was about to put an end on the bloody wedding if stuff like this kept happening. We sat through the funeral together. I cried my eyes out, while George kept his arm around me stroking my hair. I admire him, he's way too strong.

Honestly, I didn't put an end to the wedding because he was so happy and eager about it. Though, I felt terrible for missing helping with all of that. I don't know if these were the wedding nerves but all I could think about was being married at 19. I guess, though, he was right about living together. Tonks and Uncle Remus had gotten married, it was pretty simple. I had picked out my bride's maids already. Of course Ginny had to be there, Hermione too and I decided to include Tonks. I didn't have much family or girl friends and George had the opposite. His groom's men were Fred -who was his best man-, Ron, John and Harry. I was overwhelmed, I sounded like a total nutter by Bill and Fleur's wedding.

*****

I was back with Mrs. Weasley and the rest when they moved Harry. We waited impatiently for the others to get back. I was put on 'first-aid duty' which was a fancier way of saying that George, Fred and Uncle Remus thought it was too dangerous for me.

"Harry!" I shouted as I saw him and hugged him. Lupin appeared carrying an unconscious George whose face was bleeding. The familiar feeling of heart sinking took over me again. He was missing an ear and didn't look too good. Lupin jerked me and Harry away.

"What are you?" He asked me.

"I'm the Phoenix." I said jokingly but still anxious.

"Don't be so modest. Just because you're in the order now doesn't mean that you're the Phoenix." Uncle Remus said with a nervous chuckle. I let the rest of the Weasleys with George for now. He was already awake and I felt way better now.

"Gianna. He's calling." Ginny said. I entered the room and George made a pathetic joke. I hugged him tightly. Blood was dripping from his ear.

"I don't know if you can't hear yourself think because of the ear but it wasn't great." I said laughing.

"Too soon." Fred said. We were gathered around him. The thought of having lost George came over me. I started crying softly.

"I love you." He said. "You can't get rid of me so easily." I chucked.
"The song remains the same?" I asked.
"The song remains the same." He affirmed winking at me.

"If you weren't such a bloody idiot I'd kiss you right now." Him and Fred laughed at the stupid joke.

"Mad-Eye," said Mr. Weasley. "Dead." We were all stricken with horror. Lupin and Bill went to recover his body.

"I think I might ruin the wedding pictures." Said George.

"I've always been the better-looking twin." Fred said.

"No, I still reckon I'm better-looking." George said.

"I'm pretty enough to forgive your Holeyness." I said, they laughed. I laughed to not cry. Honestly, it had been horrifying. I don't know how they kept their sense of humour after that happening.