Weasleys and Such

Fred, George and I worked all summer. They had been amazing with the joke shop whereas I got another job singing and playing at the restaurant George took me to on my birthday. My parents and I still hadn't spoken at all. John came by a few times with Erick but other than that I had known nothing of the rest of my family. It was pretty early and they were open for business already.

"I'm going to my house to pick up some things, okay?" I said to Fred and George. They nodded. Mrs. Weasley wasn't the happiest with Fleur and Bill so you can imagine what she thought of her younger son living with a girl already but my parents weren't in the best terms with me so she accepted it. I kissed George before apparating to the Burrow.

"Gianna, dear! I wasn't expecting you!" Mrs. Weasley said as I arrived to the kitchen.

"You know the drill." Mr. Weasley said.

"Phoenix." I responded before he could ask the question. He nodded.

"You know you're not supposed to answer before I ask, don't you?" He said, I chuckled.

"Have some breakfast." Mrs. Weasley said. We spoke for a bit before she mentioned Harry had arrived that morning. Hermione had something around her eye and Mrs. Weasley was trying to fix it.

"Telescope?" I asked. She nodded. "I told those two to get rid of those. I'm sorry, Hermione. I wish I could help but come by the shop later, the twins have ointment for that."

"What brings you here?" She asked me.

"I'm going home to grab a few things." I said. Harry and Ron came to sight.

"Oh my word! Harry!" I flung my arms around him. "Are you well?" He nodded.

"You seem chipper today." Ron said. I put my arm around him.

"Ronald, I come bearing news." I said. "I got myself a job other than the shop!"

"Blimey. It was about time!" He said grinning sheepishly. I stuck my tongue out at him.

"My, that's wonderful." Mrs. Weasley said.

"What iz it zhat 'ure doing?" Fleur asked.

"I'm a singer at a fancy restaurant. I have a band and everything." I said proudly.

"Have you spoken to your parents yet?" Mr. Weasley asked. I shook my head.

"They won't like it." I said shrugging. "I've been making John bring my things but he left yesterday. Wish me luck." I apparated out of there and into my room at my old house. I wasn't missing much things and I collected the last few. My mother came into sight.

"I'm just leaving." I said coldly.

"Gianna, please consider-" before she could finish I apparated back to our flat above the joke shop. I placed the last box of things on my and George's room. I changed clothes to something brighter and happier and went down to help out. Mrs. Weasley wrote us that she'd be coming on Saturday with the rest of the lot. Fred and George were excited for them to see their greatest achievement.

*******

They arrived after a while. I greeted them first, then Fred and afterwards they caught up with George. They had other employees but they never treated me as such. ("You're not wearing staff robes! Or calling us Mr. Weasley. Are you mad?" Fred said. "You're one of us." I frowned at that, I didn't deserve that credit.) I assisted a few customers while George and Fred gave Harry the tour. The female employees despised me. I mean, the twins are pretty charming so they had a crush on them and weren't very fond of me. Everyone was very taken with the products there. I stayed with Mrs. Weasley and Ginny and showed them around. Ginny got a purple Pygmy Puff.

"It's on the house." I said winking at Ginny. "What your brothers don't know won't hurt them."

"I really wish Phlegm was like you." Ginny said scoffing. I chuckled.

"Don't call her that." Mrs. Weasley said.

"We both know its true." Ginny said defensively. I left to the restaurant as my shift was starting, the twins liked escorting me there because they thought I'd get killed but they were too busy for me to disturb them today.