Dick Grayson x Reader Part 1

Dedicated to ambharvs. I'm warning you all that this one will be sad, but I hope you will stick around until the end. I can turn this into a two part Dick Grayson x Reader, but only if you readers want it!

Up next: Flash x Reader

Later: Tim Drake x Reader

   Y/N'S POV

  I angrily looked at my boyfriend, Dick Grayson, who thought it was a good idea to keep me from going on yet another mission. Dick sighed and reached for me, but I just took more steps back.
  As much as I wanted to just jump into his arms and accept his comfort, I refused to let down my guard this time. I knew that if he touched me, I would instantly give in and melt in his arms. He was the only guy who could ever make me feel this way, but the only one who went to such great lengths to keep me safe.

  Once that set in my mind, I stopped taking more steps back and looked him in the eyes and said,"Richard, I understand how you feel, but you cannot keep me locked up here forever. I am ready to go out there and finally use what Bruce and you have taught me."

  Dick walked up to me and pulled me close, before he held my hands to his face saying,"I know, but I am not ready for you to go out there yet. It is not as glamorous and exciting as you think it is, baby, and I do not want to see you get hurt."

  I nodded and took this chance to fully examine his facial expressions. I have never seen him this upset about me wanting to go on patrol by myself. I have been a few times, but Dick always showed up to join me.
  I did not know what it was, but clearly, something was bothering Dick. I sighed and leaned in to kiss Dick. Dick kissed back and held on for the longest amount of time, before I pulled away and rested my forehead on his.

  Dick closed his eyes, before I softly said,"Hey, Grayson?"

  Dick opened his eyes and stroked my cheek, while I said,"I will stay, okay? I do not want to get hurt either and if it upsets you this much, then I will go another day. You can come with and teach me what I still need to know. Maybe another day I will go on my own. Deal?"

  Dick thought about it, before he gave in and chuckled saying,"Deal. Thank you for understanding."

  I smiled and hugged Dick tightly, before he hugged back. Dick started rocking us from side to side, while I just smiled and leaned more into his touch.

  Dick smiled, too, while he kissed my ear and said,"We are going to be dancing like this on our wedding day."

  I blushed but smiled and nodded. Dick went to leave, before I decided to pull him in for a passionate kiss instead.

  He chuckled and kissed back, before I said,"You are not tired, babe?"

  Dick shook his head and put his forehead on mine saying,"No, but are you? Hey, do not roll your eyes at me or our wedding is off!"

  I giggled softly and rested my head on Dick's shoulder, which was what I normally did when I got really tired. Dick picked me up, before he carried me up the stairs and into the bedroom. Bruce shook his head on our way up, but I just waved at him.
  Bruce smiled and waved back, then I saluted to Alfred. Alfred laughed and just saluted back. I noticed Bruce give me a worried look, but I just waved it off and rested my head back on Dick's shoulder.

  Dick decided to lay down with me, while I tried to get comfortable. I snuggled more into Dick, before I placed a kiss on his jaw.

  Dick smiled and kissed my jaw, too, before he whispered,"I love you, Y/N."

  I smiled back and wrapped my arms around his waist saying,"I love you, too, Richard. Night."

  I closed my eyes and almost instantly fell asleep.

     HOURS LATER...

  I woke up in the middle of the night to hearing something coming from the terrace.

  I went to get up, but Dick asked exhausted,"Babe, what is going on? Do you need to go to the bathroom or something?"

  I nodded and Dick gave me a quick kiss, before he lied back down and turned on his side. I smiled and put on my robe, before I slowly made my way towards the terrace.
  Once I made it past the terrace doors, they immediately closed, and I tried to get them back open.

  I felt something enter my leg, before I looked down and saw a knife there. I winced in pain, before I was held up by my neck.
  My eyes met with a familiar pair of green eyes I never wanted to see ever again.

  Joker chuckled and smirked saying,"That sure is a long way down, isn't it?"

  I instantly looked down, and my breath quickened. I was so scared of heights and Dick was the one to help me, but he would not even be able to hear me calling his name.

  Joker held me over the edge and said,"It is a shame that Boy Wonder will not even be able to save the one he truly does love. Huh, and to think, I sort of liked you!!"

  I tried to get Joker to let go, but I was slowly losing the ability to breath correctly. Everything after that felt like it went by so fast. Joker sent me a wink, before he let go of me and I began to fall.
  I could feel the wind rushing against my face face...and it was not a feeling I was found of. When I hit the ground, everything went numb and I groaned. Moving was almost impossible...I could feel the pressure from the fall start to hit me. It did NOT feel good.

  I could barely hear footsteps and had to squint hard to see whoever it was that ran towards me. Once I recognized the figure, it was Dick. I tried to hold on, but it was too much.

     DICK'S POV

  My heart stopped as I watched someone fall. Y/N...I went looking for her after she came from the bathroom, but she was nowhere in the bedroom. That is when I looked out the window on the 3rd floor and saw her falling. I also saw someone speeding off. Joker. His eyes met mine, and he smirked.
  I instantly quickened my pace and jumped over the staircase, before I grabbed Bruce on my way and guided him outside towards Y/N's lying form. I rushed to her side and called out to her thousands of times, but she never responded.

  I tried to pick Y/N up, but Bruce stopped me and sadly said,"Son, she is gone. There is nothing you can do."

  I shook my head and picked Y/N up and tried to bring her to the car, but Bruce pulled me back and softly said,"Dick..."

  I instantly broke down and sat Y/N down in my arms. I leaned over her and kissed her forehead, while tears poured down my face.

  I ran my fingers through her hair and cried saying,"I am so sorry, baby. This is all my fault. I promised to protect you, and I failed."

  I held Y/N closer to my chest, before Jason, Tim, Damian, and Alfred ran outside.

  Jason's emerald eyes instantly filled with tears and he ran inside, while Bruce ran after him yelling,"JASON?!"

  Y/N was Jason's closest friend and he felt like he could tell her anything, but now, she was not here to help him out with his problems or fears at night. Damian frowned and balled his fists but sat down next to me and buried his face in my shirt.
  I knew he was crying, so I just wrapped my free arm around him and understood how he felt. Tim took Y/N's hand and held it to his face, as he closed his eyes and let his tears fall. Unknown to Joker, he was going to have the worse days of his life for what he did to Y/N.