Clark Kent x Reader

Dedicated to IyshaKent

Up next: Hal Jordan x Reader

Later: Bruce Wayne x Daughter Reader

   Y/N'S POV

  Somehow, I landed a job with THE Daily Planet as a reporter. I was actually from Canada and Indo-Fijian. My family was originally from India, but they were taken to Fiji to work as slaves. Because of this, I took pride in knowing that my ancestors worked hard to get what they could, even if it was not guaranteed.

  Working at the Daily Planet had its ups and downs, but the one person I looked forward to seeing every single day was the man known as Clark Kent. Anyone that knew Clark knew that he was very hardworking and a sweet guy to work with.
  I wanted to be with Clark, yet I had no idea how he truly felt about me. From what it looked like, he was into Lois. Lois was beautiful and all, but there could be nothing going on between the two of them. I just had to figure out how to be confident and confront Clark about it. I didn't want to come across as too much to which I scared him.

  "Y/N?"

  I expected it to be Clark, but it was just Lois.

  I was disappointed, but I quickly recovered saying,"Yes, Lois?"

  She said,"Take this camera. I need you to go check this out for me. I have a meeting with Perry."

  I could've said "no," but this was my chance to get out of the building. I agreed to it and set out to the frozen area where there appeared to be a new discovery of some sort. No one knew what it was yet, but it seemed to be some kind of ship. What was it holding? How did it get here?
  I walked inside and looked around. The designs and technology looked advanced. More advanced than anything I had ever encountered before, but there appeared to be something moving in front of me. I took out the camera Lois gave me and snapped a picture. For doing that, I was thrown into the hard surface behind me.

  I groaned in pain and backed away from it, before someone came to my rescue. He tore the object apart with no problem, and I slowly backed away from him.
  He kept me still, as I tried to get away from this place. He was talking to me, but I was too busy staring at him to understand a thing he was saying.

  When I snapped back into reality, he said,"Hold my hand. This is gonna hurt."

  I said,"What?"

  He gently tightened his grip on my hands and his eyes turned red, before a tremendous loud of pain shot throughout my body. I screamed and squeezed his hands until it was over.

  He looked at me in worry and asked me,"Are you all right?"

  I took a deep breath and nodded saying,"Yeah. That...That was crazy. T...Thanks, Clark."

  His eyes widened and he went to say something, but I narrowed my eyes at him.

  He remained quiet for a while until I said,"Your secret's safe with me. I won't tell anyone."

  He sent me that charming smile of his and said,"You should get back."

  I kissed his cheek and he blushed, before I headed back to work. All I could do was think about Clark's ability. It made me wonder what else he could do.

  When Lois stopped at my desk, she asked me,"You find anything you could talk about?"

  Should I tell her about Clark? Definitely not.

  I said,"No, nothing really. Just some old stuff."

  She nodded, and I typed up as much as I could.

   TWO DAYS LATER...

  As I leaned back in my chair, Clark stopped beside my desk.

  I said,"Hey, hero. What do you need?"

  He replied,"I just wanted to see how you were doing."

  I smiled saying,"I'm all right. Thanks to you. What about you?"

  He said,"Good. I was wondering if you wanted to-"

  "Y/N??"

  Clark and I both jumped at Lois yelling my name.

  She made her way to my desk and asked me,"Which one is better: The Notebook or Titanic?"

  I said,"Is neither an option?"

  She shook her head saying,"Nope. Choose one."

  I answered,"The Notebook."

  Lois nodded, and then I said,"Really, I would say neither because I enjoy Bollywood romance movies more. It's one of the few ways to earn my love."

  Clark's eyes met my own and he sent me a sweet smile, before I smiled myself. I didn't know what his smile meant, but I had a feeling that it meant something good.