Barry Allen x Requested Reader

Dedicated to Zekook107

Up next: Bruce Wayne x Sibling Reader

Later: Clark Kent x Reader

   BARRY'S POV

  Time. Time just hadn't been on my side recently. With everything that's happened and everything that's supposed to happen, there were too many possibilities for what could go wrong or right.
  Today, today was the day I was supposed to lose the love of my life. Now, I officially had less time than I wanted. Everything had to go right. If there was a chance I could keep Zeel from dying, then I'd take it in a heartbeat.

  Speaking of a heartbeat, Zeel was listening to my own. That seemed to be something she liked to do, but I never pushed her away. Right now, I didn't care how close she was to me. Time was precious, and it was running out.

  Zeel looked up at me and said,"Barry, stop worrying. It's going to be okay. If not, then you just move on with your life."

  I looked down at her and sat us up saying,"How can you be so calm? Today is supposed to be your last day with me, and you're not even shaking. You're just listening to my heartbeat."

  Zeel chuckled and replied,"I'm calm, because we don't know if that will be my fate, Barry. So far, we've been able to get everything we need to stop Savitar. I'm not giving up. Neither should you, but Barry-"

  I went to respond, but she covered my mouth and said,"If it does come to me dying, I want you to know that I know you tried everything you could. That's all I could ask for, Barry. We've learned many times over that the smallest change can disrupt and harm the timeline tremendously, so I'm willing to be the cost of this one. Not even you can stop everything from happening."

  I became quiet, because deep down, I knew Zeel was right. I couldn't stop people I loved from dying in the beginning, but that wasn't a reason for me not to still try.

....

  I was freaking out, but I had to stay calm. Savitar had taken Zeel, and our plan didn't work. The second Zeel fell into my arms, it didn't feel real. I felt like I had completely failed her.
  As I yelled for someone to come help me, Zeel's shaking hand reached out to take my own.

  She weakly said,"I...This...This isn't your fault. You...You tried."

  Tears poured down my face, and I held her close to my chest saying,"Yes, it is. Don't worry. I'm bringing you to a hospital. I'm sure they can-"

  Zeel coughed and said,"Barry..."

  She placed something in my hand, and it was the ring I gave her. I took it and watched as she left right in my arms. I broke down as the others crowded around me.

...

  After Zeel's funeral, life seemed like it had slowed down too much. I still had to find Savitar and figure out the situation with Caitlin and so much other stuff. I just felt like everything was too much to handle on my own.
  I sat inside S.T.A.R. Labs, and someone took a seat beside me. Then, someone else sat down on my other side. On my left was Iris and on my right was Caitlin.

  Iris rested her hand on my shoulder and said,"Whatever you need, we're all here for you, Barry."

  I sent both of them a weak smile and said,"I just...I really miss her."

  As Iris talked to me, Caitlin hugged me and she hugged me for as long as I needed her to.

  When I pulled away from the hug, I gave Iris a hug and Caitlin another one before I said to them,"Thank you both, for being here to comfort me. I really appreciate both of you."

  Iris smiled and nodded, before she said,"There's something Zeel wanted you to see. She left a video message for you. She trusted Caitlin and I enough to give us access to it, but she made it clear that it was just for you to see. Caitlin's going to pull it up for you. I should get home."

  I nodded and Iris kissed my cheek, before she left. Caitlin pulled up the video for me, and then she left too. The second I saw Zeel, instead of crying or just shutting the computer down, I just smiled.
  Everything I loved about her showed through the video, and in a way, it gave me closure. Closure that wherever Zeel was, she was okay, and I would be, too.