Barry Allen x Reader

Up next: Clark Kent x Reader

Later: Oliver Queen x Daughter Reader

Hey, everyone, this is yet another one where I chose to include another issue. WARNING: This Barry Allen x Reader contains a reader who is insecure about their weight and overcoming past history of bullying.

I can't believe The Flash is already on Season 6! It seems like it was just yesterday when the pilot first aired! I'm so ready for Crisis on Infinite Earths!

   Y/N'S POV

  I had been bullied my whole life, and I chose to work at CCPD as my chance of redemption at trying to make a better life for myself. A life that was going to be full of positive things, not negative ones. It was nearly impossible to prevent negative things from happening, but I always did my best to persevere through the negative things.

  Right now, I was working on a case that involved the Flash and some villain I didn't know the name of.

  Speaking of The Flash, Barry walked over to my desk and said,"Hey, can I talk to you for a minute?"

  I became quite nervous of what Barry wanted to talk about, but I said,"S...Sure."

  Barry raised an eyebrow at me, yet I followed him to where he worked.

  I took a seat, and he said,"Do you like ice cream?"

  "Uh, yes. Why?"

  Suddenly, Barry became very nervous and said,"Do you...um...want to get ice cream with me?"

  I smiled and said,"Yeah. I'm in. When are we going? Now? Later?"

  Barry suggested,"How about we go now? If we go now, then we don't have to worry about getting stuck waiting in line for a long time."

  "Now works. Let's go, Allen."

  Barry held out his hand, but then he drew his hand back saying,"Oh, sorry. I didn't know if you wanted to...I'm sorry. Let's go."

  Since the place was only a few minutes away, Barry and I decided to walk. As we were walking, I intertwined my fingers with his.
  Barry's eyes widened, but then he smiled a very bright smile. He smiled the whole way to getting our ice cream.

  When we walked inside, I immediately became hungry. I chose a variety of different flavors for my own, but I noticed Barry staring at me.
  Because he was staring, I began to feel insecure and cut back on how much ice cream I was going to consume. Barry noticed, but he didn't say anything.

  As we ate our ice cream, Barry asked me,"Y/N, did I offend you when I was staring at you?"

  I decided to come clean and sighed saying,"No, but I just assumed you thought I was eating too much at one time. I am fat, so maybe you did me a favor by staring."

  Barry gently placed his hand over my own and said,"Y/N, you are not fat. Don't say that. Woman, you're perfect. Any size is okay, Y/N. Your size is okay, Y/N. You're beautiful. You have to know that you're beautiful. You know that, right?"

  I replied,"Maybe at one point I knew that, but I haven't thought that way about myself in a long time. I've tried to think positive, but I was always subject to being picked on. It's like I was a magnet for it."

  Barry took my hand in his own and said,"It doesn't matter what those people said or did to you. You're beautiful. You're Y/N. Be yourself. Who knows? Maybe those people aren't even doing anything, while you're successful. I mean, you're one of the smartest people in the whole department. Y/N, that's amazing."

  Barry wiped my tears with his thumb and finished saying,"Whenever you feel upset or mad with yourself, Y/N come see me. I'll talk to you. I'll do whatever it takes to convince you that everything will be okay. I was bullied, too, and I understand what it's like to feel insecure about certain things. Can you promise me to try to come talk to me?"

  I said,"I promise. Thank you, Barry, for caring. If I wanted to come to you, do I call first or no?"

  I slowly looked into Barry's eyes, and he softly said,"You don't have to call, just walk in or let me know it's you."

....

  As time went on, I ended up going to Barry many times. Never once did he ever judge me or provoke me, but he did give me the absolute truth when it was necessary.
  We even became a couple which helped tremendously on me knowing Barry truly cared about me. I had been betrayed many times before, but I had known Barry long enough to know that he would be there to help me stay positive.

  I even went and got help from professionals, whom believed that I was capable of becoming more confident in myself. I was learning that it was okay to admit your pain, but to also talk about it with people that were there for these kinds of things.