Superboy x Zatanna

Dedicated to Krystalxn.

Up next: Question x Reader

Later: Batman x Reader x Peter Parker

   CONNER'S POV

  Being around M'gann became very difficult for me, after our breakup. A breakup that surprised everyone. I could not handle the fact that she tried to make me forget that I was upset with her. I would not realize what she was doing either.

  I sighed, and Nightwing asked,"Conner, you okay? If this is about M'gann again, maybe you should try to move on or go clear your head. It helps to think things over, too."

  I nodded and sent him a weak smile, before Nightwing nodded in return and I ended up bumping into someone.

  Zatanna blushed and apologized saying,"I am so sorry, Conner. I promise to watch where I am going next time. Hey, are you okay?"

  I waved it off and said,"I am fine, Z, and thank you. Did I make the right decision?"

  Zatanna put her hand on my shoulder and said,"You guys were together a long time, but I cannot really say if you made the right decision. At least you followed your own choice and went with it. Would you like to go for a walk with me? I just need to clear my head, and I would rather not go alone."

  I smiled and shrugged it off, before Zatanna smiled and led me out of Mount Justice. We walked on the shoreline and the sight was actually...nice. I looked over and noticed Zatanna giggling.

  I got a little defensive and snapped,"What? What is so funny?"

  Zatanna's face filled with pure embarrassment...and I realized my mistake.

  I sighed and scratched the back of my neck saying,"I am...so sorry. I did not mean it. I just...am still learning how to control my anger."

  Zatanna leaned over and placed a kiss on my cheek. I blushed this time and scratched the back of my neck again.

  She smiled saying,"Sorry, I did not mean that."

  When I realized what she meant, I sent her a genuine smile, which I knew really surprised her. Wally and Robin always joked about how serious I looked and how I really did not know the meaning of "fun." I, honestly, did not care what they thought, because Wally loved to be annoying.

  I laughed at my inner thought, which made Zatanna ask me,"Conner, what are you laughing at? Is there something on my face?"

  I went to tell her the truth, but I actually did notice something on her face. I slowly brought my hand up to her face and removed the dirt off her face. Zatanna stared at me for a while, before she leaned in and kissed me.
  I froze and realized this was not a lesson Black Canary taught me. Of course, I had my first kiss already with M'gann, but this one felt...different. I felt myself finally respond and pulled her closer.

  Zatanna slowly broke the kiss and I went to pull her back in, but I heard someone say,"Aww, Rob, we missed it!! Where is the camera? Did you get anything?"

  That voice was Wally's, and he was looking around for Robin.

  He appeared from out of nowhere and chuckled asking,"Well, what do we have here? I was not expecting this today. Z, your father wants to talk to you."

  Zatanna nodded and actually gave me another kiss, before she walked past Robin and Wally.

  Once she was out of sight, I grabbed Wally by his suit and asked,"How much did you see?"

  Wally gulped and tried to act innocent, but I knew he was waiting on a moment to run away and escape.

  Wally said,"N...Nothing. I just saw you two talking and that is all. Right, Rob?"

  Robin nodded and said,"Relax, Superboy. I saw your kiss, but Wally was too busy trying to find the camera instead of watching. By the way: You have a nice smile. Batman would have thought I was making it up if I told him how big your smile actually was just then. Looks like you are learning how to relax. Congrats, Superboy!"

  I sent him a nod in return, before Robin dragged Wally off to go back inside. I just put my focus back on the waves. I would never say this out loud, but I was actually glad I was loosening up.