Bat-Family x Sick Reader

Dedicated to Dragonofmusic

Up next: The Riddler x Reader

Later: Tim Drake x Reader

   Y/N'S POV

  I looked over at Leslie and asked her,"How long do I have left?"

  By the look on her face, I did not have that much time left to live. Right. I was diagnosed with cancer about a couple of months ago, and it devastated me, especially the Bat-Family. That was the first time I ever witnessed Bruce cry, given he saw me as one of his own. Of course, I had my own father and mother who took care of me and raised me, but Bruce was like my second dad.

  Leslie replied with sad eyes,"2 months at the most, but it looks to be about a month and a half. Y/N, we will work through this."

  I held back tears and nodded saying,"Leslie, thank you for everything you have done for me, but there is no changing that. It's time."

  She sighed and let me go, before I drove back to Wayne Manor. After I called my parents and gave them the news, my mom instantly hung up the phone and I knew she was sobbing into dad's arms right now. I knew I had to give the news to my family at Wayne Manor, which I was not ready for.

  When I had everyone gather in the living room, Bruce immediately asked me,"Darling, what's going on?"

  I could not look him in the eyes, and he sat down beside Jason.

  I said,"Everyone, thank you for being here."

  Jason said,"We live here."

  I rolled my eyes, and he sent me a wink, which made me blush.

  I cleared my throat and said,"Todd, please keep your mouth closed. Anyway, I went to see Leslie again and the time has changed. I no longer have 5 months; I have 2 months tops. I thought you guys should hear it from me."

  Bruce had tears in his eyes, and I said,"Bruce?"

  Bruce got up and walked down to the Bat-Cave. Tim, Dick, and Damian all hugged me and promised me they would do everything they could to take care of me.

  Jason walked upstairs, and Alfred said,"Go and talk to Master Todd and then Master Bruce."

  I rushed up the stairs. Then, I found Jason in his room, looking at the picture we took together at one of Bruce's parties.

  I leaned on the doorframe and asked him,"Are you afraid of losing me or losing yourself, Jase?"

  Jason looked up at me, and he wiped the tears that had fallen down his face, answering,"Both. Y/N, you can't leave me with these idiots."

  I chuckled and sat down beside him.

  I placed kisses all over his face and said,"Jason, we don't know what could happen. I just have to keep praying about it. If it is my time to go, then it is my time to go. If not, then we will be okay. No matter whether I am here or not, you will still be Jason Todd and you will do great things. You know I love you and I have always wanted to marry you, but I know I am not the only match for you. Promise me that if I do not make it, then you will try to find that girl and watch over Bruce for me?"

  Jason sniffed and gave me a kiss saying,"I promise. You won't leave."

  He hugged me and I sighed, holding him. I was just as afraid, but I could not let everyone see that. It would only make things harder. Jason ended up going to sleep, and I promised to return when I got done talking to Bruce, which I headed down to do.

  Bruce was doing research, and I stopped him by taking his hands.

  I said,"Bruce, it is gonna be okay. You have been the best father figure I could have asked for. Do not act like it is the end, because it may just be the beginning."

  Bruce squeezed my hands and looked over at my suit saying,"I remember when I first ran into you. Your father had me following you everywhere to make sure you did not get into any trouble."

  I smiled at the thought and looked Bruce in the eyes saying,"Well, he made the right choice and you are a loyal friend to him. You saved his life and my own. Bruce, I want you to know that I am sorry about that time I went against your decision on that mission. I did not realize what it was like to be in your shoes. I am so sorry."

  Bruce noticed my tears and cupped my face saying,"Just let it out, Y/N. I know you are scared. Somethings are harder to hide than others."

  I hugged Bruce, and he hugged me back saying,"Shhhh. I've got you. This will work out."

    6 WEEKS LATER...

  This time when I went to see Leslie again, Jason came with me. He held me the whole time, and Leslie just smiled, trying to get results.

  When she returned, Jason was squeezing me and Leslie said,"Y/N, this...this..."

  Leslie was speechless, and Jason said,"Leslie?"

  Leslie smiled and said,"You're cleared. There is no sign of cancer in your body. It is just like it disappeared. Vanished. Y/N, you're good."

  I squealed so loud and kissed Jason hard, before I hugged the life out of Leslie. I thanked God a million times, before I returned to Wayne Manor. There, Mom, Dad, Alfred, Bruce, Barb, Cass, Stephanie, and the boys waited for Jason and I to return with the news. When I gave them the good news, I had never seen everyone so happy. Trust me, it was a miracle I could never forget.