Hal Jordan x Reader

Dedicated to Santangelo13

Up next: Bruce Wayne x Daughter Reader

Later: Slade Wilson x Reader

   Y/N'S POV

  There was no one that better protected me than Sinestro himself. As crazy as I sounded right now, Sinestro found me and gave me a home. He often told me I was one of the few things that was important to him, besides from the Yellow Lantern Corps.
  I had no family left, because they were taken from me a couple of years ago. That was when I also last saw Hal Jordan, too. Where was he when I needed him? He could've at least come to check on me. I knew he has his own stuff going on, but a simple visit could have been nice.

  "Y/N?"

  Sincestro walked into the living room, and I said,"Hey, I'm here. Sorry, I was thinking."

  He nodded and sat down beside me, slowly taking my hand.

  I smiled saying,"I'm okay. I promise. Are you okay?"

  He said,"Yes, I am. Jordan hasn't come over to visit you?"

  I shook my head saying,"No. Why?"

  He protectively held me saying,"I don't want him near you. I know I've said this before, but I care about you very much."

  I replied,"Even if he came near me, he probably wouldn't harm me. We were friends. If he tries anything funny, I can handle myself. You taught me well."

  He sent me a smile and he went to pull away from holding me, but I stopped him from doing that. Sinestro seemed surprised, yet he let me enjoy this.

  He said,"Y/N, you are-"

  Before he could finish, Hal casually walked into the living room.

  Hal stuffed his hands in his pocket and said,"I'm not here to fight Sinestro. I'm here to talk to Y/N, since I failed to do that a long time ago."

  I said,"As cute as that sounded, why now and not then?"

  He sighed saying,"I have no real excuse for that, Y/N, but I tried looking for you many times. I never had any luck until this time. I just want to apologize for not being there for you when you needed me.  If you do need me, you could always just give me a call."

  Hal began to walk towards the door, and I said,"Wait! You can stay. Right Dad?"

  I looked back at Sinestro and he seemed shocked at me officially calling him "Dad," but it felt right. It was also long overdue, but I also wanted Hal to know that Sinestro meant something to me as well.

  Sinestro sighed saying,"He can stay but not for long."

  I smiled and hugged him, before I led Hal outside. 

  "Been chasing my father for a long time, huh?"

  Hal chuckled and said,"Yeah, a very long time. How did you end up with...Oh, your parents and sister didn't make it, did they?"

  I shook my head saying,"No, they didn't. Sinestro found me and took me in. He talks about you all the time, but it would have been nice to see you, old friend."

  He looked down at me and replied,"It would have been nice to have you around too. Maybe we can meet up one time? Talk about what happened with me?"

 I took his hand and squeezed it saying,"Sounds like a plan. I'll call you or maybe Sinestro will lead you here?"

  He said,"I doubt he'd do that. He really cares about you. I saw the way he looked when you called him your father. I've never seen that look from him before. Also, he still hates me."

  I replied,"It doesn't have to be that way, Hal. Dad will come around. I have to get used to saying "Dad" now."

  Hal smiled and kissed my forehead, before he said,"I'll see you, Y/N."

  ..

  When I made it inside, Dad said,"I still don't trust him. I kept my eye on the two of you."

  "I know you did and I appreciate that, but maybe it's time for you to see Hal a different way."