Superman x Reader

Dedicated to Brownstone88.

Inside Info: You broke up with Clark, after a really bad argument, which shocked the entire League. You and Clark were inseparable, but that did not disqualify the fact that you two still thought about each other.

Up next: Lex Luthor x Reader Part 2

Later: Damian Wayne x Sibling Reader

   Y/N'S POV

  I made my way into the Hall of Justice, only to be stopped by Diana and Shayera.

  I sighed and said,"Guys, I am fine, and it is time I came back. Trust me, I have been through worse breakups before."

  Diana held me back, and her grip was very tight. I winced and chose not to move, or she might just crush my arm.

  Shayera softly said,"Y/N, you are not okay and we are just here to help. The rest of the League agrees with us that you and Clark belong together. Not separated like this. You are both hurting and not on your agame."

  I rolled my eyes and said,"What are you talking about? I am-"

  I was pushed into one of the statues in the hall, before I groaned in pain and turned on my side.

  Diana landed next to me and put her hands on her hips saying,"Y/N, you normally would have seen that coming seconds before it even happened. Like Shayera said: You are not on your agame and clearly it shows."

  I always admired Diana for her honesty and notable character, but at the moment, it was annoying me. Diana helped me up, before I glanced to my right. Batman was here.
  Batman laughed at me squealing in surprise, but then he frowned at me. At that moment, I knew what this was about.

  "Batman, everything is fine, and you do not need to put me in another one of your interrogations EVER again. I am still having nightmares from your last Batglare you gave me."

  Diana smiled, while Shayera smirked and Flash appeared beside us.

  He was eating something I could not really recognize, before he said,"Hey, what is going on with Supes? He is looking a little less energetic than usual. Y/N, what is wrong with you?"

  Everyone looked at me and I rolled my eyes, before I made my way out of the Hall and went back home.
  Once I made it there, I walked out to my terrace and leaned on the railing. Tears formed in my eyes, as I thought as the last time Clark and I were together.

   FLASHBACK...

  I was waiting on Clark to get home, because I hadn't seen him all day.

  I felt strong arms wrap around me, before Clark placed a kiss on my shoulder mumbling,"I missed you, Y/N. I am sorry it took so long. I was-"

  I cut Clark off by kissing him passionately. Clark kissed back and pulled me closer, before I wrapped my arms around his neck and stopped Clark from pulling away. Clark seemed surprised, but I noticed something different about him.

  I slowly pulled away, and Clark asked me, clearly confused,"What is the matter?"

  I frowned and rested my hands over Clark's. I turned them over and noticed marks on his hands. They were not just any marks, and I was not sure whether to say something or not.

  I sighed and looked Clark in the eyes, asking him,"Baby, where did those marks come from?"

  Clark did not seem to know what to say, and I said with tears in my eyes,"Clark, honey, please tell me these are not from Lois? Please tell me you did not go see her again. Clark..."

  Clark still did not say a word, before I let go of Clark saying,"I think it is time we go our separate ways, Clark. Lois clearly still means something to you, and I do not want to get in between the two of you. There is nothing else I can say, Clark, besides from I am done with this."

  "Darling, you don't know what happened. Let me tell you."

  "I don't need to know, Clark. The marks tell me everything."

  Clark seemed to get frustrated, and I quickly became frustrated as well. It didn't take long for us to argue, before I made sure I let Clark know that I wasn't coming back the next day.

   PRESENT...

  I did not realize how hard this actually was, until the moment it hit me. Clearly, I was hurting, and this could not go on forever.

  I was caught off-guard by my ring tone going off, before I answered it saying,"Hello?"

  There was some commotion in the background, before I heard Diana say,"Y/N, WE NEED YOU AT THE TOWER!! IT IS ABOUT CLARK. HE IS IN TROUBLE AND-"

  The line went dead, before I immediately threw on some clothes to wear out of the house and made my way to the Tower, using the Hall of Justice shortcut. Once I made it there, I ran inside only to see Diana and Bruce talking.

  I rolled my eyes and went to leave, but I felt a warm pair of lips on my own. I will admit, I did not even hesitate to kiss back.

  Superman pulled me closer, before he eventually pulled away and said,"Y/N, please forgive me. I promise I did not mean for things to happen the way they did. Lois tried to get through to me, but I would not let her. Because of that, she got upset and tried to make me change my mind. Darling, no one else will take your place and I really want us to be together again. I miss you."

  I looked down and Clark lifted my chin, before he wiped my tears and I sniffed saying,"I cannot keep lying to myself, Kansas, I missed you more. Come here, Man of Steel!"

  Superman smiled and kissed me passionately, before I kissed back and heard cheers coming from behind us. I just ignored them and did not care what anyone else thought because the Man of Steel and I were back together.
Time did have a way of being in your favor, even if it took forever.