The Riddler x Reader

Dedicated to PrincessBlue245

Up next: Barry Allen x Reader

Later: Dick Grayson x Reader

   Y/N'S POV

  CHRISTMAS VACATION WAS FINALLY HERE!! I was a college student, but this was the one time I could be away from all the work and the stressful environment itself for a while. I decided to spend my Christmas vacation in Gotham City.
  Now, I had just received my room card to enter my hotel room, which was not too far from the front lobby. The hotel I chose was the Gotham Royal Hotel. It was the best one I could find, so I had to make it work.

  As I rolled my luggage, I spotted a souvenir shop a couple of inches away from the front desk. I loved souvenirs, so I decided to get a look around first. I probably looked weird still carrying around all my luggage in the souvenir shop, but I wouldn't be that long.
  I walked inside and immediately became attracted to the snow globes, but then I saw the jackets on the side. I squealed and dragged my suitcases over to the opposite side of the store, but I heard a loud thump and a groan coming from behind me.

  I slowly turned around and saw a man was holding his head.

  I apologized with,"Oh, I'm so sorry! I didn't know you were coming this way."

  Once he moved his hand, I gasped.

  It was THE Bruce Wayne!!

  I said,"Please don't sue me!! I'm only in college! I can barely pay my student loans and handle a job, at the same time! Please don't, Mr. Wayne!!"

  I helped Mr. Wayne up, before he said,"Hey, it's no big deal. I've experienced worse, believe me. It's okay. Hey, I promise I won't sue you. Since I am probably causing you trouble by taking up your time, why don't I help you pay off your student loans? It's the least I can do for holding you up like this."

  Tears formed in my eyes, because that would be the Christmas gift that could save my whole future. All this time, I had been worrying about how I would be able to get past school for this one year, because I could barely afford the books themselves.

  If I just said "yes," would I sound needy and desperate to take Mr. Wayne's offer? Of course, I was desperate, but I didn't want Mr. Wayne to know that. He's Bruce Wayne.

  Mr. Wayne may have noticed I was having an inner battle with myself, because he said to me,"Ma'am, it's really no problem. You won't have to pay me back or anything. It's almost Christmas. You have a future ahead of you. I can tell."

  How he could tell I had a future from just these few minutes I had been with him, I don't know, but I appreciated the encouragement.

  I smiled at Mr. Wayne and shook his hand saying,"I'm Y/N, by the way. How will I-"

  Mr. Wayne just held out his hand, before I realized what he meant.

  I handed him my phone, before he put his number in it and said,"When I get the chance, I'll contact you and help you out whenever you need it. It was nice meeting you, Y/N. Good luck on your future and stay in college."

  I don't know why, but I hugged Mr. Wayne. He seemed to be a little uncomfortable, so I quickly pulled away from the hug.
  Mr. Wayne just chuckled and patted my shoulder, before I noticed his butler a few inches away from him.

  He walked up to me and said,"Thank you for making him laugh for once. I, too, wish you the best in your studies. I am Alfred Pennyworth. Good luck, Ms. Y/N."

  I nodded and finally dragged my things to my room, then I unpacked everything. I crashed on my bed and took a nap, which actually ended up coming in handy.

  THE NEXT DAY...

  When I woke up, it was 2 P.M. Whoa, I guess I took a nap last night. More like I hibernated. Speaking of hibernating, I spotted a blue stuffed teddy bear and blue orchids on the breakfast table. I smiled and walked over to the table, but there was also a blue envelope along with the gifts.

  The envelope read,"

  From: Your Secret Admirer

  How did they know I loved blue so much? How did they know where to find me? Who could my secret admirer be?

  Since I loved a good mystery and riddles, I was very interested in finding out who it was. My first guess was Mr. Wayne, but that would be a little weird. He was like 20 years older than me, and I wasn't about to get involved with that. My other guess was this guy I had a crush on in one of my classes, but he probably didn't even think about me.

  Who could it be?

  I opened the envelope, and there was a little piece of paper inside. The little piece of paper had riddles written on it, also a question that read:

  Will you go out with me and join me for a lovely dinner? On me, of course!!

  I squealed and found the nicest thing inside my suitcase, before I took a shower. I almost tripped over the shower curtain, but I didn't and changed into a nice skirt and jacket. I slipped on some flats and fixed my hair into a bun, before I grabbed the paper.
  In case this turned out to be a scam, I brought my combat skills with me. I followed the riddles and once I found the last one, it led me to a restaurant called Chez Vous.

  I walked up to the front of restaurant and sat down in one of the available spots outside, before someone tapped my shoulder. I turned and saw The Riddler.

  I said,"You're...You're my secret admirer?"

  Most people would be afraid, but I wasn't. Because of where I grew up, it was quite often when I would run into a situation with a villain or even hero in my relative area or community.

  Riddler seemed surprised by this, but he nodded and handed me a rose saying,"Yes, I am. I have been watching you for some time now. You excite me, Y/N. Batman does, too, but there is something "special" about you. Something that I cannot explain, or no one riddle can answer. I hope to get to know you better. What do you say: Join me for dinner tonight and maybe you'll try to stick around to give me a chance?"

  I chuckled saying,"If you get this right, then I will give you a chance. Then, we will see where it goes from there. How do you get the attention of someone you love?"

  Riddler thought about it, but he had no answer for me in the first minute or so.
  I could tell it was frustrating him, so I took his hand, for encouragement or whatever.

  Riddler cleared his throat and nervously answered,"The answer is: Scream out "I love you" loudly to someone else."

  Riddler actually started sweating, and I could not help but laugh.

  "That's correct. Congrats. I will join you for dinner tonight. Look, we are already here too."

  Riddler chuckled saying,"Nice one, darling. Nice one. That is a yes, right?"

  I nodded saying,"That's a yes, Riddler. It's a yes. Next time, don't stalk me. Just try to make a dramatic appearance. Really wow me!"

  Riddler smiled at me, before he led me inside. The whole night we received looks from everyone else, but I never cared. I would say my Christmas vacation turned out just fine, because I ended up having a nice dinner with Riddler. Hopefully, we would have more, but Mr. Wayne ended up paying my student loans for me. Maybe Gotham was the best place to spend my break.