Conner Kent x Reader

Dedicated to KrystalFire03

Up next: Hal Jordan x Reader

Later: Batman x Reader

Side note: Don't forget to go and see Shazam! I wouldn't be surprised if more Shazam x Readers were in store for the future of this book! Be on the look out for those and don't forget to message me your requests, if you have any! If not, I have plenty more x Readers that I know you all will love! I also decided to hit you all with the double update, if you haven't noticed yet! 😀

   Y/N'S POV

  It seemed like every night it got harder for me to get sleep. My father, Bruce Wayne, had not been himself lately and he really was in no condition to watch over Gotham. While Alfred stayed back with Dad, the boys, Barb, Stephanie, Cass, and I were in charge of protecting Gotham.
  For me, it was the fun part. My suit was identical to Dad's suit, but it was more feminine on the sides. Dad basically taught me everything he knew, so I had no problem taking over for a while.

  After my long run in with The Joker, I took off my cowl. Calm and collected, Dad sat in his assigned seat.

  I said,"Hey, Daddy."

  He jumped, and I giggled saying,"Sorry. Did I scare you?"

  He said,"No, I knew you were back. That was too close, Y/N. You could've been hurt."

  Dad would never admit it, but I knew I was his favorite and he was too worried about me sometimes. He would give me my space, but I knew he was afraid of losing me every single day.

  I looked him in the eyes and softly said,"Daddy, I'm fine. You don't have to worry. I've got Gotham covered. I promise."

  Dad sighed and I kissed his forehead, before I asked him,"Are you feeling better?"

  He said,"Yes, I am. Thank you. Superboy's here. He's been waiting for you."

  I hugged him and rushed up the stairs to tackle Conner. I swore that I heard Dad laugh, but I guess I'll never know whether he did laugh or not. I spotted Conner at the door and tackled him to the ground, giving him as much love as I could.

  "I love you, too, Y/N. How did it go today?"

  Conner took my hand, and I caught him up on what I encountered today. He listened to every detail, yet I could tell something was on his mind.

  I stopped and asked him,"Baby, do we need to talk about something?"

  He opened his mouth to speak, but Tim pulled me into the kitchen.

  He said,"Al made your favorite. I wanted you to get some before Dick stole it all."

  I thanked Tim, and Dick rolled his eyes. I smiled and offered Conner some of my favorite food (y'all can just insert whatever your favorite food is here). He just politely declined and took my hand in his own again.
  I became a little worried and waited for Conner to say something. When he left with Tim, I immediately tried to work out all the possibilities of what could be going on. Then, I realized how dangerous that could be. So, I stopped myself and just trained inside the Batcave.

  Dad said,"Y/N, you need to sit down and stop thinking so much."

  I laughed and jumped down, landing perfectly in front of Dad. He didn't look impressed, and I could tell he was trying not to smile.

  I said to him,"You know you're proud of me. You're thinking that I'm so cool, and I'm better than you."

  Dad chuckled and smiled at me, just nodding. I didn't know whether he was agreeing with me or not. I just took that as him agreeing with me.
  I smiled back at him, and he looked past me. I turned, and Conner stood behind me.

  He gently turned me around and said,"I want to ask you something. Do you have a minute?"

  I nodded, and Dad walked up the stairs. 

  Conner laughed and looked back at me saying,"I think he's warming up to me."

  "I think so too. What did you want to ask me?"

  "I'm not sure what you're going to say, but I feel like this is the right time to ask. Y/N, I know that you're afraid of losing me and the people you have come to know, but I want to promise you that you won't lose me. I want you to know that I am with you. I want you to be certain of your love for me. What I wanted to ask you is: Will you marry me?"

  I jumped on Conner so fast and kept repeating "yes" to him so many times. Conner just accepted my excitement and placed the ring on my finger.

  I gazed at it and looked back at Conner saying,"I can't wait to tell my father!!"