Slade Wilson x Reader

Dedicated to @Violet-HeadAngel

Up next: Eddie Thawne x Reader

Later: Hal Jordan x Reader

   Y/N'S POV

  "WILSON, CAN YOU HELP ME?!!"

  My arms just weren't long enough, and I couldn't reach the Froot Loops on top of the refrigerator. I kept jumping over and over again, with no luck on actually grabbing the cereal box.
  I let out a sigh and felt myself being lifted. I grabbed the Froot Loops, and Slade carefully set me back down on the floor.

  He went to leave out of the kitchen, but I grabbed his arm saying,"Thank you, Wilson. I appreciate it. Were you busy?"

  Slade shook his head,"No. Kid called, said he needed my help."

  As I fixed my bowl of cereal, I looked back at him saying,"Oliver? Are you going to go help him?"

  Slade examined his weapon replying,"No, he's more than capable of handling whatever it is on his own. I trained him."

  "Baby...the least you could do is go check on him. I can take care of myself, you know?"

  "That's what I worry about. Your anger is worse than my own, at times, so that is why you need an extra pair of eyes around you at all times."

  He walked up to me and caressed my cheek saying,"You have helped me in many ways, but you have also taught me what it's like to be merciful. Because of what you have taught me, I'll go see what the kid wants. You are more than capable of protecting yourself, but don't let your emotions overpower your actions, okay?"

  I nodded and gave him a couple of kisses, before he left. After he left, I decided to hit the gym. I ignored the whistling I received from a couple of guys, focusing on keeping my body in shape. By the time I was done, I was sweating and everything hurt, but it reminded me that I didn't give up this time.
  When I made it back to the house, I checked for Slade and he wasn't back yet. Oliver must have had something real major for Slade to help him with, and I had no problem with having the house to myself. I laid down on the sofa and read one of my favorite books for a while, until I felt very sleepy.

  My eyelids began to close and I put the covers over my head, trying to get warm. It took me a couple of minutes, before I fell asleep.

......

  I couldn't even get a whole hour of sleep, because I had to have a nightmare. I got off the floor and sat back down on the sofa. I had no idea how I even ended up on the floor, but I needed to focus on not trying to have a panic attack.
  Even after I took deep breaths, a walk, and called one of my closest friends, I didn't feel too much better than before. Slade would have been my next go-to, but he was dealing with something worse right now.

  Tears poured down my face and I held my stomach, feeling very sick. I didn't get stuck on an island, but I had my own past I struggled to forget every single day. Every time I tried to get over it, I would have nightmares that brought the horrific memories back.

  "Y/N?"

  I looked up, and Slade stood before me. He looked exhausted, but all I could see in his face was concern for me. I rushed into his arms and he held me, running his fingers through my hair.

  I cried saying,"You're too good to me. I don't deserve this. All the things I've done and said to you, you're...you're still here. Why are you still here, baby?"

  His blue eyes gazed into my E/C eyes as he replied,"Because I don't have a good reason to leave you. I've done terrible things, too, Y/N, but that does not mean that I don't deserve a second chance. You deserve a second chance. You deserve me. You do. No matter how much hatred and anger we both possess, we have a chance to get rid of it and obtain something else. I don't want to be alone, just like you don't want to be either. We fight for each other."

  I asked him,"What if you aren't there to fight with me?"

  He replied,"Then, you fight for yourself and I'll join you, if you need me."

  I hugged him and said,"I love you, Slade. I'll always need you by my side, when I'm not fighting for myself."

  He laughed and sent me a smile saying,"I love you, too. "