Chapter 1

This is it. I'm free. This is all I could think about as I boarded my plane, he won't find me and I doubt he'll even come looking. I headed up the stairs where I was greeted by one of the glamorous air hostesses, I found my seat and sat down, luckily I was at a window seat, I listened to the safety demo before drifting off into a not so blissful sleep.
I am stood in the middle of a corridor in the hospital where I have worked since I left med school, the man who I called the love of my life stood next to a tall, slim, woman who could easily be a model. She turned to me and introduced herself, her words echoed in my head "I'm Mrs Smith" I was astounded, "l-like" I gestured towards Jake the man who just stared at me blankly "Ah yes! Your the slut who's been sleeping with my husband." I ran home packed my cases and drove.

I woke up to the air hostess tapping my shoulder, "excuse me ma'am we have landed." I nodded to her before exiting the plane, I managed to call a taxi to pick me up from the airport, by now it was about 1am and the streets of London were nearly still. It's so funny yet tragic that I'm moving into the apartment  that I bought for Jake and I, I had it all planned out we would leave Seattle and move to London so I could be close to my home, to be honest I never thought he would actually leave his home in the states to be with me, I had planned our lives out we would get married in a chapel somewhere in the country then we would have 2 kids... ugh the thought of him made my blood boil, how the hell don't you mention you have a fucking wife to the person you have been dating for a year and a half! I arrived outside the apartment by about 2am I headed in and was greeted by the smell of fresh paint, I had hired decorators so that we could just move in. I dumped my suitcase in my room and plonked myself down on the bed only to relive more of my shitty little life.
It's my 14 th birthday and I am woken up to my mum and stepdad arguing, my stepdad has always hated me and he doesn't even try to hide it my mum came into my room and told me to leave, "move in with your dad" I thought she was kidding, until she began packing my things, there was no way in hell I would live with my dad, he has never been there for me, hell no! I managed to get money from my grandma to travel to America at least then I'm an ocean away from them all.