Chapter 14

For the rest of the day I'm mostly checking on post op patients and getting scans and labs, the chaos of the A&E department has completely died down, to look at it you wouldn't believe how busy it was earlier, it's now 5 I have one hour before my shift ends, I think I'm going to design a protocol or something for the department because today was too unorganised, I head up to Dr Williams' office and enter he looks up from his desk, "Sir, I need to ask you to help me with something," He doesn't look surprised by my request, "Camilla what happened today was horrendous! The A&E department was a mess! Well that is until you sorted it out." He was sorting through paperwork as he spoke to me, "I think we need a system," He raised an eyebrow at me, "We need to organise it so there is a board with the names of every patient in A&E the board will be colour coded: green for if they are in surgery, black if they are a fatality, red if they are critical, blue for if they need non critical surgery, white for if they are discharged, or something like that, gurneys on the left are strictly for critical patients, the right for non critical. There will be different doctors and nurses in A&E, yes?" He nods, "So doctors will be allocated to numbered areas, for example there is a patient in the first bed on the left that is zone 1, and so on." He just looked at me for a minute I could almost see the cogs turning in his head, "That is a great plan Camilla, first thing tomorrow I will call everyone into a brief, and you can explain it to them, "Um I'm sorry sir but I'm not a fan of public speaking, not when I'm new at least." He shakes his head at me, "Nonsense Camilla, you will be great and as a hospital we are pretty friendly." Ugh that means speech and outfit, I can't do it in my scrubs. "Anyway Dr Baker your shift ended 3 minutes ago, so off you go I will see you tomorrow morning." I wave and head to the locker room.

When I get there it's not empty like this morning it's packed! A group of surgeons with Dr Johnson come over to me, there's Dr Johnson, a tall dark haired man with olive skin, a short woman with curly blonde hair, and a woman with an average height and brown mid length hair. "You did a really good job today." The man says, "Thank you Dr-" I look at his name badge, "Dr Thomas" I shake his hand, they then all introduce themselves, the blonde is Dr Bailey and the brown haired woman is called Dr Jenkins, they all seemed nice enough, "Johnson here said you kicked ass in surgery." Dr Bailey said, I just laugh "Well I had to make a good impression." They all say goodnight and leave.

I quickly get changed and check my phone 3 missed calls from Chris. Whoops! I head outside to see Chris sat in my car waiting for me, I jog over to the car, "Sorry I'm late." I feel pretty bad making him wait for me, "It's ok, I've got a surprise for you, how was your first day?" A surprise, I wonder what it could be, I pretty much chewed his ear off telling him about my day, because it was a bloody good day! 
"How was your day?" I ask him, "Well I met up with the guys at the studio, they all said they really like you-" I cut him off, "Even though I went all GI Jane?" He chuckles, "Even though you went all GI Jane." Wow I wasn't expecting that, I thought they would all think I was a moron.

We arrive at mine and there is a candle lit dinner on the table, "How did you-" It looks amazing there are candles everywhere and there are two plates of spaghetti carbonara, "Will happens to be an amazing cook as well as an amazing drummer." I don't know what to say it's just so perfect, but it's romantic, and he is going through a divorce, what does this mean?
"I want to get to know you Millie." Chris says leading me to the table, he looks perfect, he is wearing some black skinny jeans with a really nice navy shirt which makes his eyes look even more beautiful.