Chapter 6

I'm in total darkness, is this what death is like? Suddenly I hear a really loud beep, wait am I in hospital? I get sucked deeper into the darkness, my life replays in front of me...

7 year old me meeting my mum's boyfriend, "Mummy I really like him." She simply hugs me.
9 year old me being hit by my mum's now fiancé
"If you dare tell your mum, oh wait she won't believe you, she hates you, she wishes you were never born!"
10 year old me tried to run, that made it worse.
13 year old me finally telling mum that her husband hits me "mum he has been hitting me for 4 years." "NO HE HASN'T STOP TRYING TO RUIN MY LIFE YOU LITTLE SHIT!" This was when I began spiralling downwards.
14 year old me runs away from home, moves to America.
16 year old me leaves school.
19 year old me starts medical school.
24 year old me graduates medical school.
25 year old me starts as a medical intern falls in love with my boss.
27 year old me begins dating boss.
29 year old me discovers boss was married all along, leaves country.
And finally 29 year old me gets almost raped and gets stabbed.
What a wonderful life.

I feel something on me, I think it's on my hand, I start hearing noise and I can hear a song nearby, I think. I try to open my eyes but it's too bright, I wait and try again this time slowly, I'm in a white room surrounded by 3 people, on my left I can see Hannah sobbing, stood next to her is Dr Williams, and to my right is the sound of a Coldplay song. I turn my head to see who is holding my hand, it's none other than Chris freaking Martin, before I get to freak out Dr Williams speaks up, "So Dr Baker, how are you feeling? You were stabbed last night, this young man here saved you, if he hadn't been there you would've bled out there and then!" Wait I was stabbed? That explains the pain in my tummy. "Ugh-" I try to speak but instead I let out a groan, "I feel like shit, Hannah and Dr Williams can you give me and my knight in shining armour a moment alone please." I mumble the last part.

Hannah and Dr Williams leave, I turn to my right for my gaze to land on the pair of oceans staring at me, "Oh my god, is this actually happening? Are you who I think you are?" I instantly feel like I sound ridiculous, I feel the heat rising to my cheeks I look away briefly. "Yep this is happening, love. My name is Chris I'm from a band, you might've heard of us?" He says questioningly, his voice makes me want to melt it is so beautiful he is like a freaking angel, "Chris from a band, does the band happen to be Coldplay?" I giggle, crap if I get to meet Chris Martin I might get stabbed more often, hehe. "Yeah that's the band, have you heard of us?" Is he for real? He's so humble! I burst out laughing, "I'm sorry, it's just you band has literally got me to where I am today, well not in a hospital but you know what I mean." Shit I'm just blabbering on. "What do you mean by that?" Oh crap now I have to explain how they healed me bit by bit. "Well you see I have been through a lot of shit in my life and I always listen to your music to make me feel better, and when-" I can feel tears forming blurring my vision. Chris doesn't speak he simply gets on the hospital bed and pulls me into a warm embrace, I hold the tears back because I can't break my walls down, not again.

We are interrupted by Dr Williams when he comes in to tell us visiting time is over, before he leaves Chris and I exchange numbers. I still can't believe this, he hugs me and places a gentle kiss on my head before turning and walking out the door.