Chapter 40

I'm stood frozen in place, what is going on. I don't think they know I'm here, I a. Stood in the doorway while Chris, the man who I love with everything I have, is sat on the sofa with his ex-wife, Gwyneth, they are talking, well arguing I think, Gwyneth's eye makeup is smudged, and Chris has bright red bloodshot eyes, they still don't see me, it's like I'm just a ghost, a whisper in a puff of smoke, nothing, I'm invisible, I feel rage bubble in my stomach, I cough, they both stop talking and look at me, "Millie, your early." He begins, "No I'm not, I'm actually late, because I went and bought food, care to explain what is going on?" I try to keep my voice calm, there is still time for him to explain that this is a misunderstanding, "Hi! I'm Gwyneth. I was just here talking to Chris about how he should move back in with me!" Her voice is really chirpy, yet I can feel the venom that is being spat at me, "Chris?" I say, this right now is going to make me lose my shit. Is he considering this? "I don't know Millie, I've know Gwyneth for a long time, she is family, and o love you I really do," I cut him off laughing, "This is a joke right? I mean damn you nearly had me there for a second, but obviously your kidding because, well, we are married and maybe because I'm pregnant." I emphasise the words married and pregnant, this is where they both start laughing and say it's a joke right? They both stare at me blankly, "Chris your kidding right?" My voice is getting louder, "Let me ask you this, who broke your heart? Who cheated on you? Who got pregnant and aborted the baby, which wasn't even yours? You are seriously considering this, I fucking knew! I knew it! Jake and Mike were right I'm not good enough for anyone. I should've known I wasn't good enough for you. I thought you were different. I was wrong yet again!" I hold back the tears and desperately try to stop my jaw from trembling while I speak, I look at them, Chris looks sympathetic, Gwyneth looks like she is getting her way, like an evil mastermind. I storm out of the door without looking back.

I drive until I find myself sitting in my car in an empty car park, there is a crisp packet floating in the wind, there is no one here, just the darkness and I. "What did I do wrong, I mean God, or whatever, why did you have to do this! Marriage is meant to be fucking forever! I have a fucking baby inside of me, HIS fucking baby! And now he is leaving me! Unbelievable!" The tears start to stream down my face, I don't even try to stop them, we were fine. What did I do wrong?

No. I will not accept this. I'm going home. I promised to love him when I hate him. I'm sticking to it. I will fight for us, even if it's an uphill battle, because, I know it is worth it. "If you don't want crappy things to keep happening to you, stop accepting crap and demand more from life" Cristina Yang's words echo in my head, I will fight for Chris. Forever.

I arrive home and Gwyneth's car has gone, I walk in silently, I don't want to face him, I shouldn't have come home, this isn't good for either of us. "I was wonder when you would get back." He says, I can't read him, " Well I had to change my clothes. And get food since I'm feeding 2. Not that you care." I say coldly, not what I had planned, remember vows. "I promised to love you, even when I hate you. I stick to my promises. Chris I love you a lot. And I want to fight for us, but if you don't want to just tell me so I don't have to waste my time." I say, the tears are threatening to spill out of my eyes. "Just know that even if you don't love me anymore, I will never stop loving you." My voice trembles at the end of my sentence, he runs over to my and hugs me, I try and push him off me, "Blackmail." He whispers in my ear, "What do you mean?" I ask, swallowing the tears, "She told me that if I didn't go along with this, she would end your career, but I have a plan, I will record her, and then she will be gone for good." I don't understand, why would she do this? "Why?" I ask, Chris simply shrugs his shoulders, "I'm so so sorry Millie." He pulls me into a tight embrace, "I love you." He says, I don't respond I'm trying to digest what he has just told me.

We get some of and go to bed, neither of us speaks, I think we are both in shock, so much has happened tonight. We go to sleep at 9:50, today has been stressful.

A/N I'd just like to say sorry for painting Gwyneth in such a negative light, I don't think badly of her, I just wanted to use her character to make some drama. Let me know what you think, vote, comment. Thank you! Ps I'm really sorry but I looks like Wattpad deleted chapter 38 so I will either leave it how it is or try to remember what I wrote in chapter 38.