Chapter 28

We all sit around a circular wooden table, there are a few candles lit around the room, Alison places a large pot of stew in the middle of the table and she gives each of us a bowl and cutlery, "Well help yourselves," Alison says as she sits down. "So Camilla tell us about yourself," Oh god what is there to tell, "Well Mrs Martin please call me Millie, there's not much to tell really." She nods, "Call me Alison," I eat some of the stew, it tastes just like what my 'mother' used to make, "So your a doctor?" Anthony asks, "Yeah I went to medical school in Seattle and I worked in a hospital in Seattle as a trauma surgeon for years, then I moved over here and now I am a trauma surgeon at St Mary's. That's pretty much everything about me." They nod, "Wow Alison, this stew is amazing." "Thank you Millie, it's a family recipe, I'll have to teach you how to make it." They are really nice, every now and again I see Chris glance at me, "How did you two meet?" Alison asks I glance at Chris to let him explain, "It's a pretty funny story actually, I was at a club and I'm not sure why but for some reason I had a gut feeling to go into this corridor and I saw some guy trying to assault Millie and she fought back and he stabbed her in the stomach, I ran to help and then I made sure she got to the hospital, I gave her my number and after y'know Gwyneth she invited me to her house as friends and we just kinda started dating." I chuckle a bit it's pretty random how we met, "They funniest thing is, I'm a really big Coldplay fan, so I was pretty freaked out that Chris had saved me." I giggle, Chris' parents exchange a look and both smile at us, "Well that's really sweet, Chris, we like her a lot." Alison says to Chris. "So Millie, what is your family like?" Anthony asks, I see Chris give him a glance, "Well to be honest, I don't have a family, the only family I have are my friends from Seattle and my new friends like Chris and the guys and Hannah." Anthony looks at me with sympathy, "Did they, pass away?" I sigh how do I put this lightly, "My family didn't pass away, they- I had to leave them all in the past, for various reasons." I feel Chris grab my hand under the table and stroke it with his thumb, I look at him and he smiles at me sadly.

Other than the touchy subject of family the meal was really nice, when we were driving back home Chris told me that his mum had never offered to teach Gwyneth the family stew recipe, I kinda giggled to myself, so I guess they like me. "Chris?" "Yeah?" "Do you think that your parents like me?" I'm nervous that they don't like me, "Millie they bloody love you, when we were leaving my mum whispered that she really likes you." I feel myself smiling like a moron, I can't believe that there some parents in the world who like me. "You look cute when you smile Millie." I feel myself blushing. "And when you blush." Not helping Chris. Not helping one bit. "Well I'm glad they like me, they seem really nice, I'm glad one of us has nice parents." He sighs, "Hey look, I'm really sorry about my dad bringing up family-" I interrupt him, "Chris it's fine, it's just a question you ask people, I can talk about it now without getting upset or whatever, I think." He rubs my hand with his thumb, "Look it's late and we probably shouldn't drive back to London because it's a really long drive, so we will go back to the hotel and set off first thing in the morning and you will get to work in time to check up on your patients." I sigh I can't argue with him because it's a good idea. "Ok." I'm pretty sure we are nearly at the hotel now, we pull up into the car park after a few minutes driving, we head on in and make our way up to the room, "Hey Chris, I love this suite and all but I bloody can't wait for our bed." "Me too Millie me too." I quickly throw on the 'pyjama underwear dress' thing and get into bed, "No funny business Martin, I'm working tomorrow, nobody wants a sleepy surgeon." He chuckles and cuddles up to me, "Did I tell you that you look hot in that lingerie." Aha! So it is lingerie not pyjamas I knew it! "Sure Chris, whatever you say, goodnight, love you." And with that we both drift off to sleep.

I'm stood in front of a mirror and the reflection staring back at me is me, but isn't me, she is wearing a really big puffy dress and her eyes look tired and dull, I look to the people standing next to me and it is just my Seattle friends they are all wearing navy blue dresses, they are short with some glittery embellishment on the waist, not anything I would really pick, their makeup looks, well it looks shit. The mascara is all over their eyelids and their lip liner is a totally different colour to the lipstick they are wearing, I hear a knock on the door and George is stood there, "Time to go Camilla, Jake is waiting for you." Wait JAKE? No, there is no way in hell I'm marrying that son of a bitch, I gently push George aside and head to the doors out of the church, I will not marry him I run out of the doors I kick my heels off as I run, where is Chris? I fucking need him! I have been running for ages and I can see my apartment, I run inside, "CHRIS! WHERE ARE YOU I FUCKING NEED YOU!" I hear a low evil chuckle from behind me, "Don't you see Camilla, if I can't have you, no one can." He tosses me a phone and I catch it, I stare at the screen, it's Chris, but he is tied up, "So you thought you could be with him, well he doesn't even care about you." I sob looking at the screen, "CHRIS!" He looks up at me, "Camilla you're ok." I look up at the man who threw me the phone, "YOU SICK SICK SON OF A BIT-" I yell, but before I finish he punches me hard in the face, I quickly kick him where the sun don't shine, but this time he pulls out a gun and shoots me in the stomach, "What did I do?" "You cheated on me! With Chris." His words are laced with venom, "WELL YOU WERE MARRIED WHEN YOU MET ME!" I try to yell but the pain simply quiets my voice, "What is worst Camilla, that you cheated or that you got pregnant, you fucking slut." Wait I'm pregnant? Well I won't be now I don't think, how could he, "MILLIE HOW COULD YOU?" Chris screams at me through the phone, "I DIDN'T KNOW" Then I black out.