Chapter 37

I wake up, to the bright morning sun shining through the blinds, I open my eyes properly and look around, this isn't home. Where am I? I feel an arm tightly gripping my waist, I turn and see Chris, the amazing human being that I can now call my husband, I gently remove his arm from my waist and go to the window, I look out and see that we are completely surrounded by sea, crystal clear sea, it's stunning. Now I remember, we are in The Maldives, on our honeymoon, I go over to the wardrobe to look for a bikini or something I can swim in the sea in, I quickly change into a purple spotty halter neck swimming costume, I gently tap Chris so he wakes up, "Morning, husband." I giggle, "Morning wifey." Chris quickly puts some shorts, "Shall we go and get some food?" He asks me, I nod, "I'm craving fruit smoothie." He looks at me with one eyebrow raised, "You don't even like smoothie, do you?" I shake my head, "Well not normally, I just really want one." We leave the villa we are staying in, I take a moment to see where we are. The villa is a hit that is over the sea, there is a wooden path from the beach to our villa, on the beach there is a breakfast hut, it is completely quiet there is no one else here. Just us.

We have breakfast and I have my fruit smoothie, "I can't believe I never liked smoothie! It's amazing!" I say as Chris and I walk hand in hand along the beach, "I have an idea, let's swim!" I say and I start running to the water, Chris is right behind me, we run into the water so it's up to out chests, it is really warm in the sea, I walk to Chris and wrap my arms around his neck and wrap my legs around his waist, I start to kiss him, I start on his cheek and go to his lips, jaw and neck, he wraps his arms around me and kisses me back, each kiss grows more passionate, "Let's go back to the villa." I whisper in his ear, he doesn't let go of me and walks out of the sea and back into the villa, practically as soon as we are through the door we continue to kiss, I cling to him, and he starts to fiddle with the strap of my swimming costume, he pulls it off, he stops for a moment and traces some of the scars on my stomach with his fingers, then he kisses each one and moves back up to my lips, I pull his shorts off.

Later that evening we go out for a meal, I put a tie dyed maxi dress on, it's blue and white, it's really flattering. Chris is wearing shorts and a t shirt, "I love you Mrs Martin." I smile and kiss him, "I love you too." We walk hand in hand to the hut near where we are staying and have some food, Chris orders a seafood pasta and I order a vegetable linguini, not long after ordering our food arrives, I have one mouthful of mine and it is amazing. There are so many flavours, but not too many. It is delicious. After we have eaten we go for a walk on the beach and we find a couple of rocks to sit on and watch the sunset, "It is so pretty here Chris, I love it." He nods and grabs my hand. "I can't believe we are married Millie. I mean, I just can't believe that someone like you would marry someone like me, your amazing and I'm just, well I'm just me." I gently slap him, "Chris. Shut up. You are a bloody good human in so many ways, we are both lucky to have each other. Stop being down about yourself." I pull him into a hug, I wish that this moment would last forever.

We wake up in the morning and I feel bloody terrible. I run to the bathroom, I must have food poisoning or something, I throw up a couple of times and then I feel fine, we decide to look around where we are staying, we find a small village and decide to walk around it for a while, we buy some gifts for everyone back home, when we get back to the villa Hannah Facetimes us with the guys, "Oh my god! Guys come here it's working! Can you see me guys?" Hannah says excitedly when we answer, i hear some commotion in the background before Jonny, Will, Guy and Phil appear in the background, "Hey guys!" I say cheerfully, "Hey Millie! Hey Chris! We are missing you, when do you come back?" Hannah says, "We come back on Saturday, so in four days." She smiles, "I can't wait to see you!" She says, we all chat about how nice it is here and about what is happening at home, I'm so truly happy to have a group I can call my family.

The next four days of our honeymoon pass in a blur, every morning I throw up at about 9:30 and then I'm fine, Chris and I have done so much, one night we even went skinny dipping, that was bloody exhilarating, the fear of being caught, it's like an adrenaline rush. Speaking of which, I miss surgery. I really want to do some surgery, the adrenaline rush from cutting someone open is such a great feeling, "Come on Millie, we need to go!" Chris shouts from the other room, "Ok I'm coming." We make it to the airport on time, luckily. We quickly board our plane and now we are going home, home sweet home. On the plane I put a headphone in and rest on Chris' shoulder and fall asleep.

When I wake up I can feel Chris' head resting on mine, he has fallen asleep, we have just landed, I nudge him slightly and he wakes up, "We are home." I say, "Home sweet home." He says, we get our suitcases and head outside, to be greeted by, Hannah and the guys stood with a sign that says 'Mr and Mrs Martin' in huge letters, we giggle and head out to the cars, and then the great British weather hits us, the freezing cold wind hits us in the face and the sharp raindrops land all around us. "Home sweet home." We say in unison.