Chapter 35

I wake up at 8:45. This is it. Today is the day. I quickly pack my makeup and hair stuff into a bag and get ready to go to Hannah's. I quickly scribble a note for Chris,
Morning soon to be husband. Oh god that was cheesy. Sorry! I'm going to Hannah's to get ready, I will see you at the altar Mr Martin, I love you so much and I can't wait to be your wife. Xoxox Millie <3

I hop in my car and head to Hannah's, I'm listening to the radio and it's the news, "Good morning folks! Today is the day that Coldplay's frontman Chris Martin is getting married to the award winning surgeon Camilla Baker. The service is supposedly going to be small only close family and friends, nobody knows where the ceremony is, text in with your thoughts on the Chramilla wedding." The radio guy says, I laugh Chris and I have a ship name that's amazing. I chuckle to myself I keep the radio on to see what people text in, "The first text is from Jacob in Oxford, he says he is glad Chramilla is finally official. Next up is Rebecca from Manchester, she says that she is not happy about Chramilla because she wants Chris." I turn off the radio because I'm outside Hannah's house, I grab my stuff and head into the house, "HEY GIRLFRIEND!" I hear Hannah yell as I walk in the door, "HEY GIRL!" I shout back, Hannah runs down the stairs to greet me, "The hair stylist is on her way and the makeup artist will be 3 minutes. I still can't believe that you are marrying Chris Martin! I'm so happy for you!" We hug and then we go upstairs to the spare room, our dresses are hanging side by side, hers is a knee length, baby pink dress that has a floaty skirt and is fitted on the waist, mine is an A-line gown it is stunning, the bodice has flowers sewn all over, I love it I have a veil that matches the lace on the dress.
Millie's dress

"Well Hannah, I can't believe today is the day

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

"Well Hannah, I can't believe today is the day. Thank you for being here since day one, you really are like my sister. Are you sure you want to walk me down the aisle?" She grabs my hand, "Millie, you are my best friend and my sister! Of course I want to walk you down the aisle!" I pull her onto a hug and I feel a tear run down my cheek, "I love you Hannah, you are my person." I giggle at my Grey's reference, we are interrupted by knocking on the door it's hair and makeup I think to myself, I don't even know how I want my hair and makeup doing. Hannah goes and let's them in, I quickly find a plaited headband with curls on Pinterest and I decide to just let the makeup woman do whatever she thinks. They all come up and begin Hannah does her own makeup and puts her hair in curls.

I sigh. It's been 3 hours and my hair and makeup is finally done, Hannah looks stunning, her makeup is flawless as normal her hair is in loose curls with two plaits a bit like mine. I look in the mirror, my eyes look natural and I have false eyelashes that look very glamorous, my hair looks amazing it's a plait headband and the rest is down in big Hollywood curls. Hannah slides into her dress, "Will you zip my dress up Millie?" She asks, "Sure." I quickly zip her dress up, "It's time to put your dress on now Millie."

I suddenly feel like I have been hit by a tonne of bricks, my legs go like jelly and I feel a thousand butterflies in my stomach, I'm getting married today, every emotion that I haven't felt hits me, the excitement, the nerves and the fear, what if he doesn't show? Shut up Millie he loves you. I step in my dress and Hannah laces up the corset back of it, it is beautiful. I stand next to Hannah as we stare at ourselves in the mirror, "Han, you look gorgeous." She smiles brightly, "So do you Millie, just wait a minute I want to give you some things." I nod, she goes over to her drawers and starts rummaging, "Okay so the something new is the dress, something old can be your hair clips they aren't new right?" I nod, "Something blue, sorry it's all I have that's blue." She says handing me a blue sticky note, " And finally something borrowed." She pulls out a box that has a stunning diamond bracelet in it she puts it on my wrist and fastens it. "Thank you Han, here I got you something." I go to my back and pull out a small wrapped box, I hand her it and she quickly unwraps it, she opens the box and it is a small heart locket, it has two pictures of us in it, one from the first time we went out together and, the other was taken last week. "Oh Millie, it's so cute!" I take it from her and fasten it around her neck, it is just the right length. "Ok well we should be going now, the car is outside." I forgot that Hannah and I booked a vintage car to drive us to the chapel. We get in the car and set off.

We arrive at the chapel just on time, it looks amazing there is an arch at the door made of white and baby pink roses, inside there are baby pink and white roses everywhere, with fairy lights hanging effortlessly from the beams across the ceiling. The guests are filling out the seats, Hannah and I are stood in a room where we won't be disturbed because the photographer wants some pictures of us, she hands us both some champagne and snaps some pictures of us giggling like school girls. "All rise for the bride." I hear someone say and then I hear the harp begin to play, Hannah grabs my hand and links our arms together, "If you want we can still make a run for it." She chuckles, "I think I'll pass on that, come one let's not keep them waiting." We step out of the room and begin walking down the aisle, I keep telling myself not to fall over and face plant, Will, Jonny and Guy are all stood with their mouths open, their jaws have dropped, I see Jonny lean in to Chris and whisper something in his ear, that makes him spin around to face me, his jaw drops and he bursts into the biggest smile I've ever seen, I feel myself blush a little bit, we make it to the end of the aisle without falling. "Do you give Camilla Baker to Christopher Anthony John Martin?" The Vicar asks Hannah, "I do." She says as she gives me a hug and gives Chris my hand. She takes her seat and I turn to look at Chris, he pulls my veil off my face, "You look perfect Millie." I just want to hug him, and kiss him, but I can't. Not yet.

"The couple have written their own vows, Chris would you care to go first." Chris nods, "Well this was a lot easier when I was practicing in the mirror." He says, I giggle, "Okay well Camilla, I love you, and I want to love you every single day for the rest of my life and even in the afterlife, I know I have told you this before, but today, today we will be joined in marriage, which is beautiful. I want to promise you that, I will love you even if I ever find myself hating you, I will never run, I will never, ever leave you. You are my everything and I can't wait to call you Mrs Martin." I feel my eyes water at his vows, "Ok Camilla it is your turn." I nod, "Chris, you saved me, in more ways than one, you showed me how to love myself, and you make me believe in love, you restore my faith in humanity, you make me whole. I'm really not good with this kind of thing, but I want to say, I promise to be loyal and faithful to you for the rest of my life, I promise you my love and support for any obstacle we might face in the future, and I promise to never stop loving you." The vicar continues with the rest of the ceremony, "You may now kiss the bride." As soon as he says those words Chris leans in and kisses me, it's a short kiss, but it is full of passion, "I love you Mrs Martin." He whispers in my ear.