4

"Mason," Mabel sternly said as she shut the door behind her.

Oh no. Oh no oh no oh no. She only called me that when she was pissed off or having the need to be stern.

"Why didn't you tell me about Silver and Nick?! I could've gotten them to not bully you!" She exclaimed.

"Don't worry Mabes, it's over. Bill scared them and defended me."

"Speaking of which, don't you find him the least bit attractive?" She asked me, turning on her fangirl mode.

"Uhm...no."

"But you were getting all flustered when he winked at you or teased you!"

"Fine fine! Maybe a little!" I so didn't want to talk about this right now.

"I knew it! I must go write fanfiction!"

"Wait what?!"

"Ignore that!" She shouted back at me, heading for the computer room.

Ughhh. Mabel.

Bill trotted up the stairs, bursting into the room.

"Hey Pinetree!" He greeted with the biggest grin on his face.

"Let me guess. You're allowed to stay here as long as you need?"

"Right on the dot, kid!" Bill said, bopping my nose lightly.

A light blush dusted my cheeks.

"Mrs. Pines also said that I'd get to sleep in here, she'd set up an air mattress!"

My  room was pretty big, I mean, two more double beds could fit in here comfortably with room to spare, probably.

"That's...great, I guess."

"Isn't it kid?!"