11

Waking up that next morning, I found it was 9:13 in the morning.

Shit! School!

Wait....

It's Saturday.

I groggily made my way downstairs, to get myself some breakfast.

Bill and Mabel were already there.

Well, Mabel was at the table seemingly excited and Bill...was cooking. I approached him.

"Didn't know you could cook, Bill."

"G'morning Pinetree!"

I went to stand next to him. What was he making?

"It's three servings of pancakes. You're parents left for the weekend, for a mini-vacation. Also, us three are going on a hike later. That should answer all your questions," he said.

"Umm...we did go over the no reading minds thing, right?"

"Yup! I just explained it all anyways."

"Oh...kay, I guess."

I sat with Mabel. About five minutes later, Bill brought to the table-using a little magic to levitate it all-the pancakes, well...three plates of pancakes, whipped cream, maple syrup, and various toppings and fruits.

"W-wow."

"Bill this is AMAZING!"

"Wait until you try them, kiddos!"

I looked down at my pancakes. They were blueberry, with their shape being pinetrees. So awesome...yet...wow, so out of the box there, Bill.

I glanced at Mabel's. The star part was normal pancakes, the three tendrils on it were colored with glitter.

Bill's were simple triangles. With gold glitter.

"Okay, Pinetree, Shooting Star, there are three toppings in front of you that'll go with your pancakes! Dig in!"

We all started to eat.

Oh. My. Gosh. These. Are. Amazing. Pancakes.

"Bill, wow! These are truly the work of a visionary!" My sister blurted out. I nodded, agreeing.

A light blush spread across Bill's cheeks. "Th-thanks, kids."

We stuffed our faces and watched Ducktective with full bellies for an hour.

After, Bill had shouted it was time for the hike.

For some reason, Mabel started smiling.

"C'mon Bill. Let's go get actual hiking clothes on." I told him. I went to my room, changed, and found Mabel and Bill waiting for me at the door.

Hate to admit it, but Bill looked really...good...in his hiking clothing. Black yoga pants, black boots with gold details, and a tight yellow tank top.

"Uh...lets go." I said awkwardly.

We were off, and walked until we made it to the very edge of the woods outside of Piedmont.

Timeskip

We were about halfway up the mountain we had chosen to hike. It had been 45 minutes since we started up on our trek.

"Guys! I'm just gonna go on ahead! You're soooo sloooow!" Mabel complained, running ashes do of us and out of sight.

"Mabel!" I said, ready to run after her. Bill stopped me.

"Kid, I'll keep on eye on where she is. Don't worry so much!"

"Oh...okay..." I slowed down my speed to walk alongside Bill.

There was a rustling in a nearby bush.

Without Mabel in sight, I kinda maybe was scared.

No. I'm paranoid.

It rustled, and I watched it, unconsciously holding Bill's hand.

A rabbit hopped out calmly.

I jumped.

A hand was soon on my shoulder, soothing me and calming me.

"Kid, it's just a bunny. We're in Piedmont, not Gravity Falls. I'm the only supernatural thing here," Bill's voice broke my flurry of panick.

"Y-yeah. Thanks, Bill," I said looking up at him. I notice a light pink dusting across his cheeks

"N..no problem, kid."

My face heated up, telling me a darker pink shade was on my cheeks.

Wait a second.

I'm holding hands with Bill.

My face grew even brighter red, but neither of us let go. We just walked, hands together, in peace.