14

It was 4 pm when we got home.

Parents?

I had no clue where they were.

If they were there, they would've seen me and Bill holding hands, a light blush dusted across my cheeks, and a happy Mabel skipping ahead of us.

They would've seen Bill whisper in my ear, causing me to redden a little.

They would've seen Bill playfully kissing my cheek, making me the very definition of crimson.

But they didn't see that. Luckily.

Bill and I lazed around on the chair in the living room, watching his favorite Gravity Falls Horror Film, "Ghooosst Tuuurrtle."

It was a turtle under a pillowcase. Seriously people.

Horror?

I think not.

It couldn't scare a baby.

Or come close to Weirdmaggedon.

Which, I survived, which made it less scary.

I was sitting across his lap, feet to his left and head on his chest.

We were comfortable.

We got lost in watching the dumb movie until I saw a car pull into my driveway.

I jumped out of Bill's lap, blushing slightly.

"Pinetree, why'd you get up?"

"You know why!"

I rushed to my room, to act like I had been in there for a while.

Bill watched Ghost Turtle still, but not after pausing it to greet my mother who walked through the door.

I stayed in my room, sketching random pictures.

Until about an hour later, I looked through them.

I drew Bill.

And me.

Kissing.

I quickly ripped out the page and his it on the op shelf of my closet, just as Bill was walking up the stairs.

I jumped onto my bed, opened the sketchbook and started refining the picture of Mabel it was open to.

I had drawn her as a half angel, half demon, and she lived the picture.

It was kind of messy.

As Bill walked into my room, I started to erase a line then redraw it.

"Hey Pinetree!" He cheered, sitting at my desk. "What'cha drawing?"

"I'm refining a picture."

"Of what?"

"Mabel."

I held up the sketchbook.

"Woah. Kid, you're talented! You should become an illustrator or artist or something!"

I blushed. "Y-you really think so?"

"Yeah! This is amazing! Was she holding this position the whole time?"

In the image, Mabel had one foot up on a rock in a heroic pose, a hand in the air holding a red trident, and her other hand on her heart seemingly glowing with light.

"No..."

"Did she pose at all?"

"No...why do you ask?"

"Imagine what you could do if you had a model to look at! That drawing would be epic!"

We sat in silence until I had finished refining the drawing.

I opened my book to blank page.

Before I could even put pencil to paper, Bill stopped me by saying, "Maybe I could be a model for you! That'd be fun!"

"Pinetree, what do you say?"

"Uhm...I..."