79: Stage Two: Initiation

There were a total of 6 new inductees.

This list included:

Shooting Star of the Golden Wheel
Ice Bag of the Golden Wheel
Pinetree of the Golden Wheel
Feather of the Violet Wheel
Sakura of the Unknown Green Wheel
Cotton of the White Wheel

Surprisingly, Blueberry ended up being part of a true demonic wheel, although she was the only Violet symbol to ever be recorded (according to the cult).

They started initiation quickly, with every single member changing the same thing in Latin, crowded around a table with a goblet on it.

It was...confusing.

Cotton was to go first, though.

The shy-looking boy, now known to be Cotton, got it done quickly. The leader seemed to have told him something - probably instructions.

Next was the Golden Symbols.

...they were going in rainbow order?

Dipper's P.O.V.

A knock sounded at the door of "my" room.

"Lord Alcor, sir, the initiation is beginning. Your presence is requested, but you do not have to go if you do not wish to," a male voice sounded through the door.

"Um...I'll attend..."

This was...extremely awkward. These people respected me and put me in a position where they acted like servant towards me. It was different than normal, and I was extremely uncomfortable.

I exited the room to find Tulip, waiting there for me.

"Lord Alcor, if you'd please follow me, but only if you wish to," Tulip said.

"Hey, uh, Tulip?"

"Yes, Lord Alcor?"

"Feel free to call me Pinetree or like, just Alcor. You're older than me so this is pretty weird."

"But Lord, I may get punished if I do that."

"Um...I'll protect you."

"Thank you, Alcor."

And with that, Tulip guided me to the initiation area. Surprisingly close to the entrance.

In it I saw my sister along with Blueberry and Ella, but I didn't see Emma.

It looked like a boy just got initiated.

"Next we will have Ice Bag Of the Golden Symbols. Sacrificium Domino probant aureo magnitudine auri signum istud Domino placere et placere potest."

The rest of the (surprisingly many) members started chanting. "Sacrificium Domino probant aureo magnitudine auri signum istud Domino placere et placere potest."

It was...unsettling. But I could understand a little bit of it.

It was a prayer of some sort to a "Golden Lord." It mentioned sacrifice.

I was scared to know what it meant.

Our fake Ice Bag was given instructions from the Great One. She proceeded to follow them, I think. The view-from any angle-was impossible to see. The cult was crowding so much.

Next was Mabel. The same chant and process happened, yet this time a blue fire lit on a torch sitting on the wall.

Next was me.

I didn't have to, but I did it anyways. I was curious as to what the initiation entailed.

"Lord Alcor, it's quite simple. You cut your hand with the knife, out blood in a goblet, and then if you've been accepted, go to Rose for a mark."

And so I cut my hand, wincing slightly as I did so.

But my blood was weird. It was almost violet.

Two torches lit up on the wall and I was sent on my way, Tulip as my escort, to Rose.

"Next shall be the violet symbol, Feather!" The voice started to fade as we got further away from the room. Unum volui probare violaceum offerentes manifestaturus es nobis. Unus color violaceus, placere ma...."