43

Bill and I sat across the table from Ford. Stan sat in the chair that sat in the dining room.

Bill held my hand under the table.

A plate of random donuts sat on the table, along with three glasses of water for the three sitting there.

And about a pound of chocolate. Apparently it helped Bill with stress...

"Ford, look. They've already explained it five times!" Stan told his twin.

"Explain it again, Cipher."

"So, the day after you guys left town, or rather, Pinetree and Shooting Star did, I did as well. I got out the statue because a bird landed on my hand...gotta love flying meatsacks, amiright?!" Bill told him, nibbling on chocolate.

"Get on with it." Ford told Bill sternly.

"I made my way to Piedmont using tiny bits of my power reserve, attempting to save as much as possible... Then I finally made it here. I asked Pinetree for help, and he took me in. By the way, power reserves restore over time, but I recently used a lot of mine on making chocolate..."

"How did you find Dipper?" Ford questioned.

"Well, um...it's probably best if Dipper explains this part. He knows more about it."

"Bill registered for my school as a new student. He then proceeded to follow me, trying to follow me home as I later found out, when three boys from my class approached me. They....have been beating me for years," I explained, and started to sink into my chair.

"I had gained a backbone because of Weirdmaggedon, so they tried to break me again."

"I saw the punch in slow motion, it seemed...then teleported over and scared the shit out of those boys." Bill said.

"Scared them? How?"

"Laughter at the pain of the punch that hit my face, fire, the usual. Didn't hurt 'em if that's what you're scared of."

"Great. You are free to go Dipper. Get your sister." Ford demanded, not believing their story.

We explained everything again and again, not saying anything about our relationship. At all.

It was late. I was tired and Bill wanted to make me have good dreams...or so he says.

We got up and went to leave.

"One thing more, Bill."

We turned around, both of us, to face Ford.

"What is it, Fordsy?"

The dreaded question alas.

"What is your relationship with my great nephew?"

I froze.

"Isn't that obvious?"

I relaxed, thinking Bill was going to say something to the effect of "friends."

But no.

Bill was an idiot.

He put his arm around my waist and pulled me towards him.

We were face to face, you know...that pose in BL manga?

(Not that I've read any...Mabel does! She has a lot of them!)

He whispered to me, "Obvious, right?"

And he kissed me. I was surprised he had the audacity to kiss me in front of Ford and Stan.

I held my eyes shut and felt my face heat up.

I think my ears were red.

He turned back to Ford after a moment. It felt like eternity.

"We're dating."

We left to go upstairs to my room.

We left a stunned Ford, and a teary-eyed Stan.

We left the plate of random donuts forgotten on the table, to head for bed.

God, those abandoned random donuts were the saddest part of all of this book. The saddest thing EVER!

Words that are actually story: 551

Words total including A/N: 581