17

The next morning, I jumped out of bed to the sound of an alarm clock. The smell of pancakes drifted to my nose.

Bill wasn't next to me. Or in the room at all.

I realized it was a Monday. I had slept through an entire day.

Why didn't that damn demon wake me up? Or Mabel?!

Or did the demon KEEP me asleep?

I quickly showered, got dressed and ready for the day. I packed my bag, swinging it over my shoulder and made my way downstairs.

Bill was cooking. Pancakes!

He set a plate in front of me as I sat.

"Bill? Don't you have to get ready for school? My clock says it's a Monday."

"Kid, I can just snap my fingers and be ready. Your mom already left for work and your dad's on a business trip."

"Oh." I ate the delectable pancakes Bill had made me.

As I was taking my third bite, Mabel rushed downstairs and sat next to me, hyperactive as always. A plate of pancakes was set before her, along with a glass of...neon blue Mabel juice?

Weird.

When Mabel and I were finished, we brushed our teeth and waited about one minute for Bill then ran out to the bus stop.

We were almost late, by around three seconds.

We scurried onto the bus, Mabel sitting with her friend Emma, and Bill and I sharing a seat in the back of the bus.

(Yes kid. I used your name. Deal with it. You know who you are. BTW don't be offended if your name is Sage. I'm basing her off of a real person who's (probably) not you.)

Silvers stop was next, and when we got there I shrunk down into the seat.

He sat in directly front of us, with his girlfriend Sage.

She was blonde, tall, athletic, and a completely spoiled brat. She acted all nice and kind but once, she had kissed me when dating a kid named Drake. She was a bitch. Silver had been crushing on her at the time, and she was well aware. I didn't like her and tried to push her away, and when Silver confronted us....

Let's just say things didn't go my way. And I had a broken bone to prove it.

Silver turned around in his seat and faced me and Bill.

Bill put his arm around my shoulder-it would seem possessive to anyone else, but I found it protective.

Silver started talking, "Hey, faggot, who's your new boyfriend? Did you hallucinate him to get him, Star Boy?"

"I believe you mean hypnotize, Sliver." Bill said, venom filling his voice, "and I choose to be Dippers boyfriend of my free will, idiot."

"B-Bill...you promised we wouldn't tell our class yet..."I stuttered nervously.

"Sorry, Pinetree. It had to be said."

Silver laughed loudly. "Geez, Star Boy, you kiss everyone, DON'T YOU?!" He shouted so the whole bus could hear.

"No! She...she kissed me that time! I wouldn't kiss her even if she was the last person alive!"

The bus was at school.

"Star Boy, I'd watch how you speak to me."

"I'd watch what you tell me to do, I've dealt with worse," I spat back.

"You wanna fight, Star Boy? I'll give you a fight! Behind the school, three o'clock!" Silver shouted as he stalked away.

I buried my head in Bill's chest. Looking up at him, I noticed the end of his hair tinged red.