46

"Dipper..." I heard in the void that had swallowed me for what seemed like forever.

If I was dead, would I have my old name? Would someone know me from my past life?

"Dipper!"

....who is that...?

"Pinetree!"

"Dipper!!!" Bill called for me.

My eyes were to heavy to open, but instead I moved my finger...apparently my hand was in his?

"Dipper, are you okay? Can you speak? Did you see the Death Realm? Do you need food? Do you need--"

"Bill, calm down. He's fine." I heard Ford's voice.

"He almost fucking choked to death and you say he's fine?!" Bill's voice...sounded like it was reverting to his demon form's voice.

"It's all your fault, damn demon." Ford spat.

"It's my fault. My fault?! How was it my fault?! You're the one who scared him and caused him to choke!"

"You're the one who even got involved with Dipper in the first place!" Ford screamed.

"G...guys...don't fight...please..." I pleaded, my voice horse.

"Pinetree!" Just from his voice, I could tell Bill's eyes were tearing up.

"I'm fine, Bill."

He hugged me.

"Get away from him," Ford demanded.

"Ford..." I started. I was weak. Apparently he though I was crying for help from him, because he aimed and fired, shooting off Bill's leg with his demon-gun, and missing me.

Bill turned a blueish green.

"P...pinetree..."

I cried as adrenaline took over. I payed him down, head on my lap with teary eyes.

"B...Bill?"

"Pine....tree?" He was turning black, slowly. "Are you...okay...kid?"

"Am I okay? Be worried about yourself for once!"

"He's a useless demon, Dipper. I'll finish him, so back away."

"No! No way would I ever listen to someone who tried to kill Bill!"

Bill's shot-off leg was black and dissolving.

"I'll be fine...Pinetree. Let...me go."

"Bill...?" I couldn't see past my flood of tears.

"I'll be fine..." he said, his golden eyes shining up at me.

I believed him. I knew, for some reason, that he wouldn't lie to me.

I later him down carefully, and faced Ford.

"I'll never forgive you," I told him.

I was so close to breaking down.

When I looked to where Bill should've been, he was gone, except for a small golden triangle charm.

I grabbed it and left Ford, stunned as I went to my room.