Drowning

You were walking up the stairs to your flat that you shared with your boyfriend, Sherlock Holmes, when you heard loud gunshots. You immediately dropped the grocery bags that you were holding and rushed inside. ''Sherlock, are you –'' You stopped talking when you saw Sherlock in his chair, wearing his blue robes. ''What on earth are you doing!'' You shouted. ''Bored.'' He replied. ''Excuse me?'' You say, starting to become a little angry. ''I'm bored, (Y/N).'' He repeated. Sherlock always knew exactly what to do to get you angry and gladly did those things. ''You're so cute when you're angry.'' Sherlock said softly as he walked towards you. That made you smile, you always smile when Sherlock compliments you. Sherlock isn't the romantic type and you know that, you've been together for two years and romance was never really a part of your relationship. ''No case?'' You asked Sherlock. ''I thought you were buying groceries.'' He pointed out as he wraps his arms around your waist. ''Crap!'' You free yourself from Sherlock's sweet embrace and rush out to go get the bags.

----

You and Sherlock were sitting on the couch together, watching CSI. Sherlock would never admit it but he liked watching it just as much as you did. You felt two strong arms pull you closer to your consulting detective. You could feel Sherlock's eyes staring at you, you turned around to face him and smiled. ''What?'' You asked. ''You're beautiful.'' He said, almost convincing you. Your cheeks became bright red and you looked away but Sherlock cupped your face and forced you to look into his eyes. ''I mean it.'' He said, his voice deeper than it usually is. He brought his face closer to yours and kissed you. His lips were slightly chapped but still soft. You kissed him back until you both had to pull away to breathe. You gazed at your golden watch and saw that it was already midnight. You didn't realise it until now but you were actually quite tired. You turned off the TV and stood up to go to the bedroom. ''Where are you going, (Y/N)?'' Sherlock asked, pouting because you're not close enough to him. ''Tired.'' You managed to say before a yawn interrupted. Sherlock nodded and followed you to the bedroom. You changed into your pyjamas and Sherlock did too. ''So, are you finally going to sleep for once?'' You asked, with a smile on your face. ''No. I'm just going to watch you sleep.'' He said as he covered himself and you with the duvet. ''That's creepy.'' Sherlock smirked and pulled you closer to him. You rested your head on his bare chest and could hear his heart beating. He stroked your hair with his fingers and you immediately dozed off.

----

You woke up and missed the warmth besides you. You opened your eyes and saw that Sherlock was no longer lying next to you. You let out a yawn and got out of bed. ''Sherlock?'' You called as you walked over to the kitchen. You looked everywhere in the flat but Sherlock wasn't there. 'He's probably on a case with John.' You thought to yourself. You walked over to the bathroom and filled the bathtub. You got in as soon as the tub was filled with bubbles and hot water. You closed your eyes and eventually fell asleep.

"Please, (Y/N), wake up!'' You coughed and all of the water that was trapped inside your lungs came out. You were lying on the stone, cold floor of the bathroom, a towel wrapped around you. Sherlock was sitting next to you, completely soaked and tears brimming his eyes. ''What happened?'' You whispered, unable to speak louder. ''You fell asleep in the bathtub and nearly drowned.'' The fear in his voice and the tears in his eyes made you cry. Sherlock slowly pulled you up into a comforting hug. ''I thought I lost you.'' He whispered in your ear, he was crying too. You had never seen Sherlock cry. You buried your face in his soaked shirt. ''I'm sorry.'' You mumbled as you pulled away from his tight grip. He wiped the tears off your face, using his thumb and kissed you on your lips. "I'm sorry too." He said. "I'll never let you get hurt again. I love you, (Y/N)." You pressed another kiss on his lips and remained silent. The fact that Sherlock was here with you, was comforting. You didn't need words to express your feelings towards him. All he needed was you to be with him and that's exactly what you wanted too.