I'm Coming Home

A fluffy Johnlock oneshot was requested by Ritaisfree

I included the song because I love it and it fits this one shot. I hope you all like it ♥ 

~***~

It was a very lonely time for Sherlock Holmes. His best friend and simultaneously his boyfriend was sent back to Afghanistan. The army was in desperate need for more medical help and since John was one of the best they had ever seen, he had to go back. Upon hearing the news, Sherlock collapsed. He had never been that emotionally invested in someone and the thought of losing John was just too much. John was his entire world. He had cried the entire night as John attempted to soothe him. His heart broke for the detective, he had never seen him so vulnerable and emotional. He was scared, of course, but he'd do anything to serve his country if he was needed. 

Sherlock wouldn't give up without a fight. He begged John not to go and even called Mycroft a couple of times and begged him to do something, but John wasn't one to back away. He hated leaving his best friend like that, but they needed him in Afghanistan. So, a couple of months after receiving the news of having to go back, John packed his bags and went to the airport.

Saying goodbye to John was the hardest thing that Sherlock ever had to do. They had hugged each other for what seemed like hours until John had to let go and stand in line to board the plane. A lot of tears had flowed and a lot of passionate kisses had been shared. Then it was time to go. Sherlock had stayed at the airport until John's plane could no longer be seen in the sky. His older brother had taken him home because Sherlock simply couldn't drive. 

What if John never came home? What if John got injured even worse? What if that final kiss at the airport would be their last?  These questions drove Sherlock insane for months.

And then the phone call...

Sherlock ran to the phone as it started ringing. His shaking hands answered the call. ''Hello?'' He said, his voice breaking. ''Is this Sherlock Holmes?'' An unfamiliar voice asked. Sherlock closed his eyes as a few tears rolled down his cheeks, fearing the worst. ''Yes.'' He replied softly. ''Someone wants to speak to you. Hold on, please.'' 

It was silent for a moment. 

''Sherlock?'' The detective's eyes snapped open and a huge grin appeared on his face. ''John?!'' He exclaimed. ''I'm coming home, Sherlock. My plane arrives in London tonight!'' John said excitedly. Sherlock felt like his heart was going to burst free from his chest. Tears of happiness rolled down his cheeks as his hand tried to cover his smile. ''I miss you so much, John! I'll come pick you up tonight, I promise.'' Sherlock stammered. ''I have to go now. I'll see you soon.'' The line went dead and Sherlock jumped up and down, spinning in circles because of the good news he'd just received. John was coming home and he was fine.

Sherlock didn't waste a single second and immediately went to the airport, waiting hours for John's arrival. His leg was bouncing as his brain pictured everything that could have gone wrong since he last spoke to John. But all those horrible scenarios disappeared when he heard that melodious voice call his name. He jumped up and saw John walking towards him. He ran over to him and wrapped his arms around the blogger, crying as he held him. ''I was so worried.'' Sherlock sobbed. John hugged back as tears rolled down his cheeks as well. ''I missed you so much, Sherlock.'' He said. ''I missed you, too.'' The duo pulled back and kissed each other more passionate than ever before. Oh, how Sherlock had missed those lips on his. His brain was foggy and his heart was overjoyed, he could finally kiss John again after six months of living in fear and constant doubt.

The consulting detective didn't waste another second. He let go of John and reached for something in his pocket. He got down on one knee and pulled out a silver ring. ''These past few months have been the worst months of my entire life. I missed you so much and I was so scared. I love you, John Hamish Watson. I love you more than anything in this world. You are my sun and I know now, because of you, that all the planets in our solar system revolve around you. You are my everything. Will you marry me?'' Tears kept flowing from both men's eyes as John mumbled a 'yes'. He pulled Sherlock back on his feet and kissed him senseless.

The Baker Street boys were back together and neither of them would spend a single day being alone ever again. Mister and Mister Holmes-Watson together at last.