Brotherly Love

Requested by 026851abc 

Just to avoid any confusion, in this oneshot you are Mycroft's and Sherlock's fifteen year old sister. I hope you all enjoy this! ♥

~***~

''I win!'' You exclaimed, jumping up from the red chair. Sherlock crossed his arms and pouted like the little kid he could be sometimes. ''You cheated!'' He argued. ''Really? I cheated ten times in a row?'' You crossed your arms and gave him a look. He rolled his eyes and sighed. ''We're never playing Cluedo again.'' He muttered. You laughed and shook your head fondly. ''You're a bad loser, Sherl.'' A small smirk tugged at his lips as he tried to be the serious, responsible older brother he was supposed to be. ''It's time for bed.'' He decided, glancing at the clock. You groaned loudly. ''It's ten o'clock on a Saturday! I'm not a little kid, I'm fifteen, Sherlock.'' You protested. He shrugged. ''I promised mummy I would properly take care of you while she and father celebrate their anniversary, which includes sending you to bed early.'' He stated. ''Well, mummy isn't here, so technically—'' 

You shrieked in fear as Sherlock all of a sudden picked you up and threw you over his shoulder, abrubtly ending your sentence. ''Sherlock, put me down!'' You demanded, laughing. ''Nope.'' He said simply. He walked over to his room, where you would be staying for a few days and dropped you onto the bed. ''Good night!'' He sang, laughing as he saw the annoyed expression on your face. ''I hate you.'' You mumbled, trying to maintain a serious facial expression, but failing miserably at the sight of your brother's knowing smirk. He pressed a kiss on your forehead and smiled endearingly as he messed up your hair. ''Sweet dreams, sis.'' 

As soon as he left the room, you got ready for bed. You were quite tired after the long journey to Baker Street, so sleep was actually a warm welcome for your exhausted eyes. You curled up underneath the duvet and buried your nose in the soft fabric. The familiar scent of your older brother put your racing mind at ease. It had been ages since you spent some time at Sherlock's or Mycroft's house and you constantly missed them terribly. They were both incredibly busy and since you lived so far away from them, you rarely saw them since they left their childhood home to pursue their careers. You didn't blame them for leaving, they were much older than you and needed to start a life on their own, but that didn't stop you from missing their presence. It had gotten so bad at one point that nightmares and panic attacks regularly haunted you, especially at night. Your parents had great trouble dealing with them and basically, the only thing that could calm you down was hearing Mycroft's and Sherlock's voice. You constantly needed reassurance that they were okay and not in any kind of pain. You loved your brothers so much that it physically hurt you to not be around them every single day. You had promised yourself that once you were old enough, you'd move to London to be closer to them. Sherlock even went as far as offering the spare bedroom upstairs once you were eighteen and you happily accepted. Living with your older brother would be a dream come true for you.

All the plaguing thoughts and anxiety faded away as you were enveloped by the warmth of the duvet and the comforting scent that reminded you of Sherlock. It didn't take long before you fell asleep.

The endless hallway held no source of light as you wandered through it. You had no clue of where you were and how you got there. The darkness completely enveloped you as you carefully took one step after another in an attempt to move forward and find an exit of some sort. The absolute silence sent shivers down your spine. Inside of you, you had hope that you weren't all alone in this horrifying place, but that slight spark of hope slowly died as you kept moving forwards. There was no sign of another person being there, no sign of an exit. There was no sign of anything and it terrified you. What if you'd never get out of there? What if you were trapped in complete darkness for the rest of your life? You'd live a life so dark you would never be able to see your own face or someone else's. That was not a life you wanted to live. 

You were getting desperate for a sign of anything except darkness, so you collected all your courage and called for help. Your words echoed through the blackness but received no response. However, the feeling of being alone wasn't there anymore. You felt a presence behind you, but the darkness didn't allow you to see it. ''Hello?'' You squeaked, fear evident in your voice. The sudden touch of a hand on your shoulder caused you to scream. You turned on your heel and started running, but it was like you weren't moving forward at all. The hand was still touching you, holding you back as you tried to run. There was no escape from this thing and you were scared of what it was going to do to you. ''Let me go! Please, let me go!'' You begged. Tears rolled down your cold cheeks as you fought to break free from the tight grip on your shoulder, but to no avail. You were completely trapped and powerless. No one, not even your brothers, could save you from the beast that would devour you within seconds. 

You realised that it wasn't a hand holding your shoulder, but a nasty claw. The monster's nails dug into your skin as low growls escaped his throat. You felt its warm breath against the nape of your neck and you let out a horrified shriek. Never had you been so afraid in your life. All power was taken away from you as you were about to be eaten alive, but then all of a sudden, a white, bright light filled the room, bathing you in warmth and sending the monster into oblivion. You held your hands in front of you as you tried to protect your eyes from the brightness.

You shot up in the bed. Tears were streaming down your face as you started to hyperventilate. Your chest clenched as your lungs fought for the littlest bit of oxygen to keep them going. The shortness of breath only made you panic more and more and the tears wouldn't stop flowing. You placed your hand on your chest as you tried your hardest to take control. The pain in your chest increased and you managed to let out a strangled yell. Within seconds, Sherlock came rushing into the room. Your panic attacks weren't new to him, but seeing you so helpless and afraid shocked him so much that he momentarily froze in place. Your widened eyes begged him to help you and he soon abandoned his fear and jumped into action.

He hurriedly sat down on the bed and pulled you onto his lap, holding you close. ''Breathe, (Y/N). Breathe.'' You gasped for air and held onto his shirt for dear life. Sherlock's large hand gently pushed your head against his chest, your ear aligned with his heart. ''Concentrate on my heartbeat, Love.'' He encouraged. You squeezed your eyes shut and tried your hardest to focus on the sound of the steady beating of his heart. ''You're going to be okay. Keep concentrating.'' Sherlock whispered. He repeatedly kissed your head while he rubbed soothing circles on your back. Your lungs felt like they were on fire as you finally managed to gulp down some of the air in the room. Tears kept rolling down your sweaty face as you listened to Sherlock's voice and his heartbeat. His presence and ability to stay calm began to have its effect on you and you finally started to calm down a bit. Your lips trembled as you took big, shaky breaths. The pressure on your chest began to fade as more oxygen filled your lungs. 

As if a wave of water washed over you, your mind cleared and you started breathing normally again. You kept your eyes shut and didn't loosen your grip on Sherlock's shirt as you kept listening to his voice and heart. ''That's it,'' Sherlock whispered, pressing another kiss to your head. ''I'm here, Baby Girl. It's okay.'' You smiled softly at his nickname for you. You felt your muscles relax and your grip loosened, releasing the tension. Sherlock's hand began to softly stroke your hair as he kept whispering soothing words to you. A warmth spread in your chest and relaxation washed over you as you nuzzled closer to him.

Sherlock continued to hold you close until you finally dozed off. He carefully placed you back underneath the duvet and tucked you in, making sure you were comfortable. He smiled as he lovingly let his fingers stroke your cheek. No matter how old you'd get or how tall you'd get, you would always be his little sister and he was going to protect you for the rest of his life. He gently lowered himself onto the bed and laid down next to you, wrapping his arms around you. You subconsciously snuggled closer to him and soon, he drifted off as well.