Is This The End

Requested by casdeansammy719 

This oneshot was quite hard to write. Coming up with an idea seemed impossible, but I finally managed to write this. I hope you all like it and please, let me know in the comments what you think of this. Have a lovely day ♥

~***~

Is this the end? Are you my friend?

It seems to me, you ought to be free.

You used to be mine when the chips were down.

You used to be mine when I weren't around.

Girl, can't you see how I feel? All these feelings that I feel are real.

Oh, girl, can't you see I need you?

''Sherlock, maybe we should take a break. We're both exhausted.'' John offered. ''There's no time for rest, John! We need to solve this case, it's important!'' The consulting detective argued. John sighed, but followed his friend outside nevertheless. They had been solving cases for two days straight and they were both exhausted. But Sherlock being Sherlock, refused to admit it. You had confronted him about it and practically begged him to go to bed, but he was too wrapped up in the case to care about his health. It always worried you when tough cases like the one he was working on now took ages to solve. It took everything out of both Sherlock and John and you were afraid something would happen to them. They were less alert when they were tired and Sherlock would be even more reckless than he usually was. You knew Sherlock wouldn't listen to you if you tried to reason with him, so you simply let him be. Maybe John would be able to talk some sense into him.

Is this the end? Are you my friend?

It seems to me you ought to be free.

You used to be mine when the chips were down.

You used to be mine when I weren't around.

Girl, can't you see how I feel? All these feelings that I feel are real.

Oh, girl, can't you see I need you?

After yet another day without sleep, Sherlock and John had finally found a lead on the murderer's whereabouts and they immediately headed there. Sherlock knocked on the door of the small flat and announced he was there on behalf of Scotland Yard. ''Maybe he's not home.'' John offered. Sherlock shook his head, dismissing his friend's thought. 

A loud crashing sound could be heard. ''He's running!'' Sherlock yelled, immediately starting to run after him. They ran across the streets, not paying attention to the busy traffic in the city. Sherlock was so focussed on finally closing the case, he completely forgot about his own safety. The exhaustion mixed with the adrenaline distracted him entirely. The case was his number one priority. Rational thinking was impossible for Sherlock, all that mattered was catching the criminal. John was more alert and more aware of his surroundings. He had taken the brief opportunity to catch up on sleep. It wasn't much, but it was enough to keep him going. Sherlock, on the other hand, hadn't slept for three whole days and he was nearing his limit. That was what worried you the most whenever they went on a case you didn't come along with. It was impossible for you to keep an eye on Sherlock at every single case he took. You had an important job and couldn't always go with them. You trusted John to look after him, but he easily went along to Sherlock's unhealthy behaviour and wasn't the most reliable source of protection. He was human too and needed to sleep and eat just as much as anyone else. All you could do was hope that Sherlock would come home safely at the end of the day.