False Deductions

Requested by MariWhoLock

I hope you all enjoy this oneshot! I had great fun writing this and I hope I managed to entertain you. Please, let me know in the comments what you think, I love feedback. Thank you so much for everything, guys! I hope you all enjoy your day, you deserve it. ♥

~***~

You hummed along to the music as you carefully applied your ruby red lipstick to your lips. You stared intently at yourself in the mirror as you checked for any mistakes you could've made with your makeup. After using a cotton swab to wipe away some of the smudges, you were satisfied and confident in the way you looked. You smiled widely and turned off the music before exiting the bathroom. ''How do I look?'' You asked your boyfriend, posing in front of him. He looked up at you. ''Why are you dressed like that?'' You rolled your eyes and huffed. ''I told you about three hours ago I was going out with friends.'' He stood up, wrapping his arms around your waist as he pulled you close. ''Am I not fun enough for you?'' He childishly pouted. You gave him a look. ''You're very fun, Sherlock, but—''

''Great! You can help me solve the case Lestrade just called about!'' He dashed towards the coat rack, putting his own coat on and throwing yours in your face. ''But—'' You tried to protest. ''Your butt looks gorgeous as ever, Love. Now let's go!'' He grabbed your wrist and pulled you to the curb as you struggled to put your coat on. ''Sherlock!'' You said loudly. ''I'm not coming with you! My friends are expecting me in ten minutes, I have to go there.'' Sherlock ignored you and hailed a cab, pulling you into it as soon as one stopped. He closed the door and loudly told the cabbie your destination. As soon as the car began driving, he turned to you, an excited smile on his face. ''Isn't this thrilling?! Finally another case!'' He exclaimed. You crossed your arms and glared at him. ''You do realise you took me against my will, right? So that means you technically just kidnapped me, which is illegal.'' You stated. ''Oh, you were serious about going out. I didn't know you had any friends besides me and John, I thought you dressed up for the crime scene.'' He defended. ''Why on Earth would I dress all fancy for a corpse?!'' You yelled. He shrugged and smiled innocently. ''How would I know? I'm not a woman, (N/N)! You've seen me naked, you know I'm not.'' You rubbed your forehead and groaned. You absolutely loved Sherlock, but he could be such an annoying and selfish brat sometimes. He always felt like making unnecessary comments, which weren't at all appropriate, in order to make you feel uncomfortable. This was his way of getting you to stop protesting, which usually worked, but now you wanted to go out with your two best friends, who you hadn't seen in ages! You had been looking forward to this evening ever since the three of you had planned it. Deciding to ignore his rude comment, you stared out of the window and stayed silent for the entire ride.

Sherlock placed his hand on yours and was slightly hurt when you pulled yours back, away from his touch. He frowned slightly, but decided to forget about it and instead focus on the case. The two of you soon arrived at the crime scene and Sherlock dragged you out of the cab, forcing you to throw the money at the cabbie instead of handing it to him. ''Sherlock!'' You yelled, trying to keep up with his fast pace. ''Crimes, (Y/N)!'' He argued. Rolling your eyes, you quickened your pace in order not to fall. You both finally reached Lestrade who was standing next to the deceased and Sherlock abruptly stopped, causing you to stumble over your feet. ''Why did you wear heels to the crime scene, Love? You know that's inconvenient.'' Sherlock remarked. Your eyes spat fire as you glared at him. ''I was on my way to a party!'' You yelled. ''Crime scenes are great fun, but I wouldn't call it a party. A bit inappropriate.'' He had a tough time containing his smirk. You knew he was only doing this to get on your nerves and he was most certainly doing so. He never liked it when you made plans with someone else, especially men, so in an attempt to hide his jealousy, he'd act like a prick just to annoy the hell out of you. But two could play at that game.

''Tell me about the case, Gayle,'' Sherlock demanded. The DI sighed and decided not to comment on the failed attempt of using his name correctly. ''The dead woman is Jo Wenham, she's thirty-one years old and her husband, Marc Wenham, reported her as a missing person exactly 48 hours ago. The cause of death is unknown and no traces of enemies in her file or social media. Basically, everyone liked her.'' Lestrade explained. ''Obviously, someone didn't,'' Sherlock mumbled. He crouched down next to the body, using his magnifying glass to inspect her closely.

He soon got up from his kneeled position. ''What do you think, Love?'' He asked you, still looking at the victim. A smirk tugged at your lips. It was now time for you to annoy him. Perhaps if you got on his nerves, he'd let you go. You stepped forwards and hummed, pretending to be deep in thought. ''She killed herself.'' You stated. Sherlock looked at you, an incredulous expression on his face. ''W-Why do you think that, Love?'' He sounded very unsure of himself and you knew he felt embarrassed by your false deduction. You smirked, starting to enjoy this. ''Well, it's obvious, Dear! Look at her hands, do you see any traces of struggle? No, there aren't any, so suicide.'' The look on his face was priceless and you only just managed to contain your giggles. ''Try again, Love.'' He ushered. You scrunched up your face in fake concentration. ''Hmm.'' You hummed. ''Yes?'' Sherlock encouraged. ''It wasn't suicide.'' You stated. ''But it wasn't homicide either. It's a fake corpse!'' You exclaimed, smiling widely. Sherlock's lips formed a tight line as he tried to hold back his frustration. ''Stop behaving like Anderson.'' He grunted.

His eyes squinted as he realised what you were doing. You noticed his glare and smiled at him sweetly. ''Gee! It's not really my day and I simply can't deduce anything correctly, what a shame. I guess I should just go to the party and leave you to it.'' He forced a smile, eyes narrowed. ''Not until you show what you can actually do instead of pretending to be as stupid as Anderson.'' He decided. You rolled your eyes and huffed. ''Fine.'' He smiled smugly and waited for you to launch into your deductions, which he knew would be correct this time. ''If you look closely at the colour of her skin, you're able to see a slight tint of green hidden in her already quite pale skin. Now, this is anything but normal, even Greg can get that far. She was poisoned somehow, you'll need to find out how and with what at the morgue.'' You deduced. ''But now onto the murderer, this wasn't done by a stranger. No, she knew this person well otherwise it would've been way easier to kill her in another way. This was personal. You told me her husband reported her missing 48 hours ago, Lestrade. Judging by the smell and colour of the corpse, I'd say that's the exact amount of time she's been dead. My conclusion, she was having an affair with a woman and once her husband found out, unaware of her bisexuality and unhappiness in their marriage, he got angry and killed her.'' You looked back at Sherlock and saw him smiling proudly at you. Lestrade had his mouth hanging open and you blushed a little. ''T-Thank you, (Y/N). That was amazing as always.'' The DI stated. You nodded and dismissed his gratitude.

''Well done, Love. I knew you could do it. I'm incredibly proud of you.'' Sherlock held your waist firmly and kissed you. ''You can go to that party of yours now if you still want to.'' He mumbled, having pulled away. You looked at your watch and shook your head. ''No, that's okay. They probably left already. Solving crimes with you is much more fun than going to a party anyways.'' You smiled and pecked his lips again. A blush formed on the detective's cheeks as he looked at you. ''I love you.'' He stated. ''I know.'' You smirked, causing him to roll his eyes. ''You're supposed to say it back.'' He whined. You giggled slightly and placed a hand on his cheek, caressing his cheekbone with your thumb. ''I love you, too.'' He leant back in for a hungry and passionate kiss, which you happily obliged to. The intimate moment was interrupted, however by Lestrade awkwardly clearing his throat behind you two. ''Uhm, guys?'' You pulled away and smiled sheepishly. ''Sorry, Lestrade.''