Little Talks

Requested by AC_A99 

I am so, so sorry for not updating much these days. It's just that school is taking up nearly all my time and there are also some issues with my mental and physical health that make it hard to find time to write. I hope this long oneshot kind of makes up for my lingering absence. I will try to upload more often, but I can't promise you guys anything. To everyone who has requested something, I really am sorry for making you all wait so long, I just barely have time, but that will change in a few weeks. 

I love you all very much and you don't deserve this, but this is just the way it is for now.

~***~

 Hey! Hey! Hey!

I don't like walking around this old and empty house

So hold my hand, I'll walk with you my dear

The stairs creak as I sleep

It's keeping me awake

It's the house telling you to close your eyes

The soft snoring as Sherlock slept was the only noise audible in the dead of the night. It was completely dark and you couldn't even see your hand if you held it right in front of your face. Your eyes had adjusted to the lack of light, but it didn't decrease your anxiety. Sleep had become a rare thing for you lately. No matter how hard you tried, you couldn't fall asleep. It had taken a toll on your appearance after only a few days. Your eyes had sunken in, dark circles underneath them, and your skin wasn't its usual (S/C) colour, but had adopted a slightly grey tint. Healthy was not a word someone would describe you with. 

You sighed deeply, frustration evident in your hidden facial expression. The sleep wouldn't come, stressing you more and more. At one point, you couldn't take it any longer and you jumped out of bed, leaving Sherlock behind to curl up to a now empty spot. Your bare feet made the wooden floor creak softly as you exited the bedroom. The entire flat was enveloped in complete blackness, but after years of calling it your home, you could blindly move around without any trouble. You sank deep in thought as you let your feet carry you from one corner to another. After exploring each corner multiple times, you heard a noise as you continued your journey back to the living room. You stopped dead in your tracks and tried to look for the source. Your eyes scanned the room, but nothing could be seen. Your heart rate quickened as your breath hitched in your throat. ''Who's there?'' You called. A soft growl could be heard from the corner opposite of you and you shrieked in fear. ''Leave me alone!'' You yelled at the unknown creature. Another growl echoed through the room, this time closer to you than before. You backed away, your back pressing against the wall. Your chest heaved up and down as your fright took control. ''Go away!'' 

Suddenly, the lights switched on and a worried looking Sherlock met your gaze. You directed your gaze to where the noise came from, but nothing was there. ''Darling, are you alright? Why were you yelling?'' You couldn't answer his questions, your paranoia making you forget how to speak. You simply peeled yourself from the wall and ran into his embrace, sobbing softly. His arms quickly wrapped around you, his hand stroking your hair in a soothing manner. ''Hey, hey, it's okay.'' He whispered, holding you impossibly closer. ''It's just you and me here. Nothing is going to hurt you, okay?'' You nodded, unconvinced, and hugged your husband even tighter. A frown appeared on Sherlock's face, something wasn't right.

Some days I can't even trust myself

It's killing me to see you this way

Cause though the truth may vary