Unavailable

A/N: Hi everyone! Thank you all so much for reading and voting. This one shot is a little different from the others. It's written from John's point of view. I thought I should mention that to avoid any confusion. I hope you like it :)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I was making some tea for Sherlock and myself in the kitchen. ''John? Could you make (Y/N) a cuppa, too?'' Sherlock asked. ''Is (Y/N) here?'' I wondered. 

We met (Y/N) about six months ago during a case. She was one of the suspects, but Sherlock proved her innocence and we stayed in touch. She was one of my best friends, but that just wasn't enough for me. I was in love with her but I didn't know if I should tell her. 

''Yea, sure, I'll make her a cuppa. Where is she?'' I questioned. ''My bedroom,'' Sherlock replied bluntly. ''W-What?!'' I gasped, nearly dropping the cups I was holding. I quickly placed the cups on the small table next to our chairs and sat down with shaking hands. I was about to ask Sherlock why she would be in his bedroom, afraid of te answer, when she entered the living room. ''Good morning.'' She chirped. That was one of the things I loved about her, she was always in a good mood. ''Good morning, Love,'' Sherlock said, smiling lovingly

My mouth fell open and I felt my heart ache as I fought the urge to cry. (Y/N) sat down on Sherlock's lap and they shared a quick kiss. Sherlock had a look on his face that I had never seen before. A look of love and it seemed genuine. That only made the situation worse. ''Are you alright, John? You look like you're in pain.'' (Y/N) pointed out. Sherlock shot me a questioning look but didn't speak. ''No, no, I'm fine. I'm just very surprised. Are you two in a relationship?'' (Y/N) smiled and they looked at each other. ''I'm sorry for keeping it from you for so long, but yes. (Y/N) and I are in a relationship, we have been together for a month now.'' Sherlock replied, a wide smile on his face. ''That's wonderful!'' I lied. (Y/N) believed me but I wasn't sure if Sherlock did too. He seemed to be very distracted at the moment but he was still Sherlock Holmes.

''Does anyone else know?'' I asked, trying my hardest to seem interested. ''Mycroft knows as well. He kind of kidnapped me when Sherlock and I got together. He offered me money to spy on him.'' (Y/N) giggled sweetly, causing my heart to start beating faster. Her smile was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen, and I wanted to see it every day for the rest of my life. Sherlock wrapped an arm around (Y/N)'s waist in a protective manner and stroked her hair with his free hand. ''Why don't I run you a nice hot bath. You deserve some relaxing time.'' He said softly. ''How could I refuse.'' They shared another quick kiss and (Y/N) and Sherlock went to the bathroom together.

Sherlock returned to the living room a few minutes later. ''You seem happy.'' I pointed out as Sherlock sat down. ''I am.'' He confirmed. We sat in silence for a while just drinking our tea. It was beyond awkward and I felt very uncomfortable. ''I should go. I have to start my shift at the hospital.'' I said, getting up. ''You're in love with my girlfriend,'' Sherlock said. I froze and stared at my best friend, I didn't know what to say. ''What?'' I managed to say. ''You have all the signs, John. Why are you in love with my girlfriend?!'' Sherlock yelled. I turned my head to the bathroom door and prayed (Y/N) didn't hear him. ''It's not like I can help it! Trust me, I don't want to be in love with your girlfriend! I feel so guilty but I can't change how I feel, Sherlock! I'm sorry.'' Sherlock was looking at me, his widened eyes filled with anger. ''Get out.'' He hissed. I stared at him, mouth hanging open. I decided reasoning with Sherlock was not an option. I nodded and grabbed my coat. ''I truly am sorry, Sherlock. Be good to (Y/N).'' I mumbled, flashing him a weak smile. I left 221B and headed to the hospital I worked at.

In just one day, I managed to lose my two best friends. From that moment on, I was alone.