The Abandoned Child

SherlockxMale!Reader 

This was requested by PrincessPeach211 

Sherlock grabbed his coat and scarf and stormed out of his flat. After two weeks of being immensely bored, he finally had a case again! ''Are you coming or not, (Y/N)?'' He shouted when he noticed that you weren't following him. You rushed down the stairs as you tried to put your coat on. ''I'm coming!'' You shouted. Sherlock hailed a cab and waited until you came running outside. You both got in and Sherlock barked the address to the driver. He was clearly excited to get out of the dusty flat.

''So what's the case about?'' You wondered. ''A woman was murdered last night. The murder weapon is missing and Scotland Yard has no clue what it could be and who killed the innocent lady.'' He quickly explained. You nodded and stared out of the window, you knew better than asking Sherlock too many question when he was on a case. You felt a large hand on yours and you turned your head slightly, smiling at Sherlock. ''I love you.'' He whispered. You grinned widely and pecked his lips. ''I love you too.'' You murmured. Sherlock smirked and held your hand a little tighter, as to make sure that you weren't going anywhere. It wasn't a long trip to the crime scene and you arrived within a few minutes. Sherlock let go of your hand and dashed outside. You rolled your eyes and sighed, a smile playing on your lips. You paid the cabbie and got out as well. Sherlock was already standing next to the body that was hidden from view in a dark alleyway. You walked over to him and grabbed his hand again. Sherlock glanced at you and smirked before looking back at the body. You didn't notice it at first because Sherlock was deducing out loud but a faint crying could be heard when everyone was quiet. ''Who's crying?'' You asked Lestrade who was standing next to you and Sherlock, watching as Sherlock made his deductions.

''We found a baby next to the victim. She hasn't stopped crying ever since we found her. Anderson is trying to calm her down but it's not really working.'' Lestrade sighed. Sherlock's head shot up at the mention of a baby. ''Baby? Where?'' Lestrade pointed at one of the police vans on the other side of the street. Sherlock immediately started walking over to the van and pulled you with him. ''You've been crying for ages! Shut up!'' Anderson yelled loudly at the child. Sherlock let go of your hand and pushed Anderson out of the way. ''Her crying still sounds smarter than the nonsense that comes out of your mouth, Anderson.'' He snarled. He picked the crying baby up from the small basket she was in and gently held her against his chest. ''Hello, little girl.'' He gently rocked her and her crying faded. Sherlock smiled and used his thumb to wipe the tears from her face. ''That's better, isn't it? Did Anderson scare you? Don't feel sad, his stupidity scares everyone.'' Sherlock cooed. Your mouth fell open at the scene in front of you. Sherlock was voluntarily holding a baby and interacting with her. ''I'll take it from here, Anderson.'' Sherlock used his free hand to take his scarf off and covered the small baby with it, preventing her from getting a cold. ''Let's go home, baby girl.'' He cooed. He walked away, into the direction of your shared flat, and you quickly ran after him. ''Sherlock, what are you doing!'' You said loudly. ''We can't just take a baby home.''

''Yes, we can.'' Sherlock protested. ''No, we can't. We are not her fathers, she needs to go back to her family.'' You argued. ''She doesn't have any living family members left, (Y/N). I couldn't leave her there, not with Anderson! His stupidity would've influenced her.'' You chuckled and shook your head, amused. ''So, you want to be a father?'' You questioned. ''Don't you want to be a father anymore? You always talk about how much you love children.'' Sherlock said. ''Of course, I want to be a dad! I just thought that you didn't.'' You stated. Sherlock adjusted the scarf so it covered her entire body and kept walking. ''As long as you're with me, I don't care what comes our way.'' Sherlock admitted. You blushed and stayed silent.

You finally reached Baker Street after a few minutes of walking. You opened the door with your key as Sherlock kept looking at the young girl in his arms. You let Sherlock enter first and locked the door behind you. Sherlock started walking up the stairs and you quickly followed him. ''Welcome home, Joanne.'' Sherlock whispered. You smiled and took off your coat. ''Joanne?'' You wondered. ''Well, I wanted to call her Sherlock first but that might've been a little confusing, having two people with the same name in one household. So, I decided to go with Joanne. Do you like it?'' You walked over to Sherlock who was now sitting on the leather couch, Joanne still in his arms. ''I like it.'' You said. Sherlock kissed your cheek and wrapped his free arm around you as soon as you sat down next to him. ''Sherlock.'' You said, resting your head on his shoulder. ''We don't have anything that we need to take care of a baby.'' Sherlock visibly gulped as he realised that you were right. ''I forgot about that.'' He admitted quietly. ''I'll call Mycroft.''