Guardian Angel

Requested by Undercover_Fangirl97

I hope you all enjoy this oneshot! I had a lot of fun with this request and I hope you do, too. On a different note, as we're nearing the end of this book, I am growing more and more nervous. I've been working on this for ten months now and it has been my pride and joy and now, it's coming to an end. I just want to thank you all again for sticking with me and I sincerely hope you join me in the next oneshots book! I love you all ♥

~***~

For as long as you had lived, you had someone by your side, a protector. They kept you safe, provided for you, helped you through hard times and never left your side. You had never been closer to anyone else before and you couldn't imagine life without her.

This person was Mary Watson; your older sister.

Since you were born, Mary had always been fascinated by your kind nature and innocence. There was something about you that made everyone instantly like you. You had that charm many people wished they had and to most, it was very attractive.

It wasn't much of a surprise that the Detective Inspector at Scotland Yard had his eyes on you as well. Ever since Mary had found John and eventually married him, he had been trying to muster up enough courage to finally ask you out. But he was simply too nervous.

To him, it seemed impossible that a woman as pure and beautiful as you on the inside and out could ever love a simple man like him. However, that was exactly the case. You had spent many a night dreaming about the DI and he had become a hot topic whenever you and Mary talked. You saw each other nearly every day, but still, you managed to find something new about him that you loved and could share with your sister.

It seemed like a miracle to outsiders how close you and your sister still were. You two had been through a lot, most trouble caused by her. But you never left her side. You stuck with her when she moved to London to start a new life with a new identity, you stayed with her when she got married, you didn't even leave when she nearly killed her husband's best friend and nearly ended up a divorced woman.

You were always there for her and of course, she was always there for you, too. As a trained assassin, Mary was skilled with a gun and martial arts. It made you feel uneasy most of the time, but it also gave you a safe feeling.

Your older sister was very protective over the little family she had. There was no way anyone was going to hurt her husband, daughter and especially not you. She'd do anything if it meant keeping you safe even if she went a little too far with it sometimes.

As you became older and more mature, you began to feel more like her prisoner instead of her baby sister. You let it slide for a while, however, after some time, you had enough.

You confronted her, explaining that you needed your own freedom and that you could take care of yourself. And that even if you ever found yourself in trouble, you'd have Greg to count on. You would never leave her, of course. Your sister meant more to you than anyone, you just needed your own space, your own home and a life of your own.

Over time, the daily visits to your sister turned into weekly- and then into monthly visits. You barely even spoke over the phone anymore. Mary felt a little betrayed, hurt even. All she ever wanted to do was protect you from harm, from threats she knew loomed over her. Her past not only endangered her, but you and the rest of her family as well.

She felt as if you had abandoned her and she became a little bitter towards you, seeking less and less contact until you barely spoke anymore. You were upset that your sister had taken your need to be independent so harshly.