Just One More Year

Requested by AC_A99

Hi, my lovely readers! I'm terribly sorry to announce that updates are going to be less frequent for a while. The next two months are going to be a very busy time for me and won't allow me much time to write. This means that requests will be delayed, so if you requested something, it will take longer than usual for me to write and publish it. I'm so sorry about this, I feel awful about it, but there's nothing I can do to change my situation. I am going to try to write as much as I can because that's what you all deserve. You can still request stuff if you'd like, but it will most likely take a while. I hope you all understand and aren't too upset with me. I love you all and I can't thank you enough for all your support. Thank you so much for getting me this far and for all your love. I hope you enjoy this oneshot, let me know in the comments ♥

~***~

''Are you all packed?'' You asked your fiancé. Sherlock nodded, showing you his packed suitcase. You smiled and pressed a quick kiss on his lips before grabbing both your suitcases and heading to the car. Sherlock chuckled at your excitement. He knew how close you and the Winchester brothers were. You never shut up about them, the love you felt for them was evident in the way you spoke about the brothers. You were all practically raised together by a man called Bobby. Sherlock had never met the guy who raised you, he died before you and him met, but he did get to meet Sam and Dean. It didn't go very well when you introduced Sherlock to the two men you saw as your older brothers, they had grabbed their guns and aimed them at the consulting detective after throwing an entire bottle of holy water in his face. The look on Sherlock's face was priceless and you couldn't hold back your laughter, which had earned you some not so pleasant glares from the detective. However, it didn't take long before Sam and Dean warmed up to the man you loved. Sherlock soon began to help the brothers and you out on cases after the initial shock of finding out about supernatural creatures, and in a matter of weeks the four of you solved more cases than you used to in half a year. They had grown quite close as well, so when you mentioned visiting them again in America, Sherlock happily agreed to go with you.

It had been nearly a year since you visited Sam and Dean and you missed them terribly. You called occasionally, but that didn't stop you from missing them. Life had been so busy since you moved to London and met Sherlock, it simply didn't leave you much time to fly to America and visit them often. It had been too long since you saw them in person and it was about time you went back to your home country again.

Sherlock got in the car on the driver's side as you sat down in the seat next to him. Taking a cab ride to the airport would cost you way too much money, so you decided to borrow one of Mycroft's cars to get there. You had never learnt how to drive when you were younger. Dean was so attached to his car and he would never let you drive it, not even to teach you how. He even had a nickname for the Chevy 67 Impala; Baby. His obsessive behaviour caused many eye rolls, but you let him be. Sherlock's hand found its way to your leg, pinching it slightly as he smiled warmly at you. You smiled back and leant in for a kiss, which he happily obliged to. ''Ready to go?'' He asked you, having pulled away. You nodded excitedly, earning a loving grin from him. ''Let's go then.'' He decided, starting the car.

***

''Dean!'' You exclaimed happily at the sight of him. You let go of your suitcase and ran over to him, hugging him tightly. He chuckled and lifted you up a little as his strong arms wrapped around your waist. ''It's been so long.'' You murmured against his neck, on the verge of tears. ''I know, I know.'' He replied. He set you back down on the floor and gave Sherlock the chance to greet him. ''Good to see you again.'' Dean grinned, shaking the detective's hand. ''It's been too long,'' Sherlock stated. Nothing could get rid of your smile as you reunited with your favourite brothers. ''Where's Sammy?'' You wondered, grabbing your fiancé's hand. ''In the bunker doing research for a case.'' The older Winchester answered. Without hesitation, you dragged Sherlock towards the bunker, leaving Dean to take your suitcases inside. ''Sammy!'' You yelled, running over to the other Winchester and letting go of Sherlock's hand. He looked up from his laptop and smiled widely. ''(Y/N)!'' He exclaimed, standing up. Your arms wrapped themselves around his waist, unable to reach his shoulders, and you hugged him. He chuckled and instantly hugged you back. ''I'm so glad to see you're doing well.'' He said, patting your back. ''I missed you two so much.'' You sniffed, wiping your eyes. ''Still the emotional one, I see?'' Dean snickered, joining the rest of you. You rolled your eyes at him and stuck out your tongue. Unlike the two men you grew up with, you usually didn't hide your feelings when it came to people you cared for. Dean had always teased you for that, but you didn't change because of that. You considered it as a strong aspect of yourself. You weren't afraid to show others how you feel.