A Baby

Requested by haleyfinch 

It's been a while since I wrote a JimxReader. I had a lot of fun writing this, so thank you for the lovely idea, Love! Also a huge thank you to everyone who is still reading my silly oneshots. It means so much to me! I love you all and I hope you enjoy your day! ♥

~***~

I let my gun drop to the floor, quickly followed by my bloody coat. I groaned loudly at the sight of the red stains I'd never be able to get out of the expensive fabric. This was exactly why I never do the dirty work. However, today I didn't really have a choice. My sniper messed up and let the target walk free while some innocent lady got killed. The target, an old nemesis of mine, had the chance to flee and was hiding in a hotel, thinking he'd be safe there. I obviously found him within an hour and shot the bastard after making him beg for his useless life. Then, I proceeded to find the idiot that made the idiotic mistake and shot him, too. It would've been a great day if my coat hadn't been ruined and if I didn't have plans already. I sighed before kicking the gun to the other side of the room and throwing my beloved coat in the trash where it now belonged. All the commotion this early in the morning woke (Y/N) up. Soon, the bedroom door opened and my tired girlfriend entered the living room, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes. 

''Good morning, Jimmy.'' She greeted, smiling before a yawn escaped her lips. ''Morning,'' I grumbled. She was instantly aware of my foul mood and grinned. ''Didn't go well then?'' She deduced. ''His stupid, ignorant blood ruined my coat.'' I let myself fall onto the perfectly white couch and was soon joined by (Y/N). She sat down on my lap and tenderly stroked my cheek that was showing an early stage of stubble. ''You need to shave.'' She hummed. ''I thought you liked it rough?'' I smirked. She rolled her eyes, a small smile tugging at her lips. ''Yes, in the bedroom, but not on my lover's face.'' She retorted. A deep chuckle erupted from my throat. ''That's not what you said last night.'' Her soft cheeks became a deep shade of red as she avoided my gaze. ''Shut it.'' She mumbled. I gently removed her hair from her face. ''I give the orders, Princess,'' I growled. A smile spread on her face as she looked at me. ''Well, soon somebody else will give the orders.'' I raised my eyebrow. ''What do you mean?'' I wondered. She got up from my lap and held my hands, guiding them to her stomach. ''I'm pregnant.'' She smiled happily.

For a moment, time seemed to stop and I sat frozen on the couch. All the colour drained from my face as I stared at her stomach in horror. A million thoughts ran through my mind. We had been careful, there was no way this could happen. A baby. A baby in my flat. My baby. It would change everything. Another weakness to keep safe, I couldn't afford more weaknesses. My job would no longer come first. That blasted child would need all my attention and there was no way I was going to do that. 

All of a sudden, I came to life again. I jumped up from the couch, pulling my hands out of her grip as I stared at her, my eyes widened. ''Y-You can't be pregnant! How- How are you pregnant?'' I yelled, my hands tangling themselves in my hair out of frustration. ''Do I really need to lecture you on the birds and the bees, Jim?'' I began pacing back and forwards, my mind not keeping quiet for a single second. ''Jimmy—'' (Y/N) began, but I cut her off. ''SHUT UP!'' I shouted, eyes raging fire as I stopped walking. Her eyes widened, hurt evident in her (E/C) orbs. She bit her lip, looking at the floor. ''I thought you'd be happy about this.'' She mumbled. ''Well, I'm not! You have to get rid of that- OF THAT THING!'' I yelled, no sensible words coming out of my dry mouth. ''I am not getting rid of OUR child, James!'' She yelled back, her voice holding no mercy as her instincts kicked in. ''This is my baby and I'm going to keep it whether you like it or not.'' I rapidly shook my head. ''No, no, no, NO!'' I grabbed the thing closest to me, which happened to be the remote control and threw it across the room. All sense of rationality was gone and the only thing I was capable of was panicking. I took a few deep breaths in an attempt to collect myself. (Y/N)'s horrified expression as I completely lost my temper fuelled my rage again for no reason whatsoever. ''GET OUT!'' I screamed, my trembling hand pointing at the door. ''James, wha—'' I gave her no chance to defend herself. I grabbed her arm and dragged her out of my flat, slamming the door shut in her face. In my panicked state, I felt completely powerless and at loss for ideas of what I could possibly do. Deciding I needed advice, I called my most loyal employee and best sniper, Sebastian Moran.

''What was so urgent that couldn't wait until tonight, boss?'' Moran's voice rang through the darkened flat as he opened the unlocked door. He frowned at the sight of the closed curtains. It was so dark that he didn't see my sombre shadow sitting on the floor, but I could see him clearly at the sudden invasion of sunlight from the opened door. ''Close that damned thing,'' I grumbled. ''Boss? What the hell is up with you?!'' The door was slammed shut and the lights soon flickered on, causing an involuntary groan to escape my lips. ''Did something happen? Where's (Y/N)?'' He bombarded me with questions I didn't feel like answering. ''Baby,'' I mumbled. ''What?'' He inquired. ''(Y/N) is expecting a baby. My baby.'' I raised my voice a little, but made no movement to get up or look at my right-hand man. ''Are you serious?! That's great news!'' He exclaimed, patting my shoulder. I was about to scold him on his idiocy when my phone started ringing. Too unmotivated to go get it, I motioned Moran to hand it to me. He rolled his eyes, but obeyed nonetheless.

''Hello?'' I answered as soon as I grasped my phone. I intently listened to the woman on the other line. My eyes widened and my jaw dropped. Sebastian stared at me, a questioning look on his face. I tried to tell him, but no sensible noises came out of my mouth. The phone landed on the laminated floor with a thud. ''Boss?'' Moran said carefully. ''(Y/N) was involved in a car accident,'' I whispered, staring at the wall as I processed the newly received information. His eyes had a fearful look in them as I told him the news about his younger sister. My limbs suddenly jumped back into action and I hurriedly got up from the floor. ''She's fine, but the baby- Oh, God, the baby! What if she lost our baby?!'' My horrified expression resembled Sebastian's. ''We have to go to the hospital now!''

I rushed to the hospital, looking frantically for the right room. Sebastian soon found it and busted the door open before running in, followed quickly by me. We both stopped dead in our tracks at the sight of an uninjured (Y/N) eating brightly coloured jelly in the bed. She smiled when she saw us, completely unfazed by our sudden intrusion. ''Hello, boys.'' She greeted, sticking another spoonful of jelly in her mouth. I rushed over to her, cupping her face and checking for any scratches. ''Thank God, you're okay.'' I sighed in relief, sitting down on her bed. ''Yup.'' She stated simply. ''I-Is the baby okay as well?'' I stammered, feeling ashamed of my behaviour earlier. She raised an eyebrow. ''So you suddenly care about our baby now?'' An unsure smile spread on my face. ''Sorry?'' I offered. She rolled her eyes and giggled. ''Jim Moriarty, you really are something else.'' I laughed along with her, happy she wasn't angry at me. I pressed a kiss on her forehead as I embraced her tightly. ''I love you, my Darling. And I will love the baby once he or she is born. I apologise for my behaviour earlier. I kind of panicked a little.'' I apologised. ''A little?'' She joked. ''Okay, maybe a lot, but I truly am sorry for kicking you out like that. I wasn't thinking straight.'' She nodded, nuzzling closer to me. ''It's okay. I forgive you.''