Embarrassing Afternoon

This was requested by @xXFairytopiaXx

You were taking Sherlock to your childhood home so he could meet your parents. They lived just outside of London so you wouldn't have to drive very long. You had rented a car because a cab ride would be way too expensive. Sherlock was driving and you sat next to him, you were beyond nervous. ''You okay, Love?'' Your wonderful boyfriend asked. You gave him a nervous smile and placed your shaking hand on his knee. Sherlock chuckled and looked at the road ahead of him again. ''Why are you so nervous? You already know your parents.'' He pointed out. ''It's just- My father can be very, very scary. He has literally scared my previous relationships away.'' You explained. ''I chase criminals for fun, Sweetheart. I'm sure I'll be fine.'' Sherlock chuckled. You sighed and rested your head against the window on your side of the car. ''I should've made a deal with Crowley...'' You mumbled to yourself. ''What was that?'' Sherlock questioned. ''Nothing.''

You arrived at your parents' house later that afternoon. You were shaking and you held Sherlock's hand tightly. Sherlock seemed calm and guided you to the front door. He rang the doorbell and the door was soon opened by your mother. ''(Y/N)!'' She exclaimed. You let go of Sherlock's hand and hugged her tightly, you hadn't seen your parents in ages. You let go of your mother and hugged your dad. ''It's good to see you again!'' You said after the hugging session was over. Your dad had noticed Sherlock by now and he was giving your boyfriend a death glare. ''This is my boyfriend, Sherlock Holmes.'' You said. You took his hand again and nervously waited for your dad to say something. He didn't. However, your mother shook Sherlock's hand and invited you two in. You followed your parents to the sitting room and sat down with them on one of the many red couches.

Your dad kept staring at Sherlock the entire time while you talked to your mother. Sherlock tried to ignore it at first and focussed on answering your mother's questions, but he was getting a bit nervous now and you could clearly sense his uneasiness. ''Dad, can I talk to you in the kitchen?'' You asked, standing up. Your father nodded and followed you to the kitchen, leaving Sherlock with your mother. ''Could you not scare this guy away too?!'' You said harshly. ''I'm just observing him.'' Your dad defended. ''You always do this! Sherlock is a wonderful person and you would know that if you just talked to him today. I don't want to lose him...'' A single tear rolled down your cheek but you quickly wiped it away. Your father sighed. ''I'll talk to him. But I'm not promising to like him!''

You and your father went back to the sitting room and saw Sherlock and your mother doubled over with laughter. ''What's going on?'' You asked. Sherlock wiped the tears from his eyes and pointed at a big, pink book that was on your mother's lap. You realised what it was and ran over to her and quickly closed the book. Your cheeks were burning red and you too started laughing slightly. You had never seen Sherlock laughing so much and it gave you a happy feeling. ''You were the weirdest baby ever! Even weirder than me and I'm a sociopath!'' He screeched. You put the book back in the bookshelf and sat down next to Sherlock. He was still wiping the tears from his face and grinning slightly. ''I love you.'' He confessed. You smiled and kissed him. ''I love you too.'' 

The rest of the afternoon went amazingly well. Your father and Sherlock started talking about all the cases they'd been on and they instantly bonded. Turns out you really didn't need to worry after all.