Unexpected

A/N:

This was requested by @PrincessPeach211

Sorry for taking so long to write this. I didn't have a lot of time but it's here now. I hope you all enjoy this imagine. If you have a request, let me know and I'll see what I can do. Thank you everyone for 19,6K reads. And I wish you all a Happy New Year! 

A knock on the door disrupted your peaceful night with your husband, Sherlock Holmes. ''I'll get it, Sweetheart.'' Sherlock stood up and went down the stairs to see who was visiting this late at night. He came back a few moments later with a pink basket in his hands and confused written all over his face. ''Who was at the door?'' You wondered. He handed you the basket and your mouth dropped when you looked inside of it. It was a small baby. ''Oh, she's adorable!'' Your heart melted at the sight of the small, sleeping baby. ''Was there something else? Like a note or something?'' You asked Sherlock, not taking your eyes off of the baby. ''There was a note.'' Sherlock said. You looked up and took the small piece of paper from his hand. There was just one word on the note. ''Delilah.'' You read out loud. ''That's probably her name.'' Sherlock pointed out. ''I'll call Lestrade. He can pick her up and take her to an orphanage until he finds her parents.'' You grabbed his hand to stop him from moving. ''Please, don't let him take her to an orphanage.'' You begged. Tears filled your eyes as you remembered your childhood in one of those terrible places. Sherlock sighed and sat down next to you, wrapping an arm around your shoulder. ''Let her stay here. At least until Greg finds her parents.'' He nodded and pressed a kiss on your temple. ''I love you.'' He whispered. ''I love you too.''

After weeks of searching, Delilah's parents still hadn't been found and Scotland Yard had given up. It took endless begging but eventually Sherlock agreed and you two adopted the baby. Sherlock kept his distance from Delilah ever since you had adopted her, he didn't want to go near her at all. ''Please, Sherlock. She just wants to sit with you, that's all.'' You were standing in front of Sherlock with a crying baby in your arms. She had been ill for the entire day now and she was getting really worked up. ''Not happening.'' He decided. ''Fine! I'll try to calm her down and put her to bed. Good night Sherlock.'' You said harshly. You made your way to Delilah's nursery and put her in the crib. ''It's okay, baby girl. Mommy is here. You're going to be fine.'' You whispered over and over again. She eventually fell asleep and you got changed and went to bed as well. Sherlock was already in bed, he was reading a book but you couldn't see what it was about. ''Good night.'' You turned your back to him and fell asleep.

You woke up to the faint crying of your daughter. You got up from the bed and went upstairs to her nursery. You quietly opened the door. In the rocking chair next to Delilah's crib sat Sherlock. He was holding the small baby in his arms as he gently rocked her back and forward. You stood in the doorway and enjoyed the sight in front of you. ''I knew you would warm up to her eventually.'' Sherlock looked up from Delilah and smiled. ''She is kind of cute, isn't she?'' He asked. You laughed slightly and nodded. ''Come here.'' He said, reaching his arm out to you. You walked over to him and sat down on his lap. He wrapped one arm around you as the other arm held small Delilah. ''I never thought that I'd have a family one day.'' He admitted. ''I'll call John in the morning. I'll ask him what we can do to make her feel better.'' You nodded and rested your head on your husband's shoulder. You sat together like that for a while until Delilah stopped crying and fell asleep. You were half-asleep on Sherlock's lap. He carefully put Delilah back in her crib and picked you up. He carried you back to your shared bedroom and got into bed with you. You snuggled close to him and fell asleep, feeling completely content.

You woke up the next morning to beautiful violin music. You followed the sound of it and saw Sherlock standing in front of his black chair, playing the violin. Your little girl was in the chair, wrapped in a pink blanket and a stuffed animal in her small hands. Her eyelids were drooping as she listened to her talented father. You made tea for Sherlock and yourself and sat down on the chair opposite of the black one, giving you a nice view of your husband's ass. Delilah fell asleep and he stopped playing. ''I called John about an hour ago. He said that we should keep her warm and relaxed until her temperature goes down again.'' He explained, turning around. A smirk appeared on his lips when he caught your gaze and realised what you were looking at the entire time. ''Enjoying the view?'' He questioned. You smiled and casually sipped your tea. ''Yup.'' He chuckled and turned around again. He picked Delilah up from his chair and sat down, holding her in his arms.

The door opened and a panicking Lestrade entered your flat. ''Sherlock.'' He panted. ''We need you for this case.'' Sherlock pretended to think about it for a minute before saying, ''Uhmmmmmm Nope.'' You chuckled when Greg's mouth fell open. ''You're saying no to a case?'' He asked, surprised. ''Yup.'' He held Delilah closer to his chest and smiled innocently, causing you to giggle again. ''This case is one of the strangest ones we've ever had, Sherlock.'' Greg tried convincing him but knew that it wasn't going to work. ''My daughter is ill, Gayle. I'm not going on any cases until she's feeling better.'' You stared at your husband in adoration. Was this really the same man as when you first met? He caught your gaze and winked. ''Well, I'll leave you to it then.'' Greg decided. He turned around and left the flat.

As soon as he was gone, you started laughing. ''I've never seen him so confused in my life!'' Sherlock joined your laughter. ''I can't believe you turned that case down, Sherlock.'' You said once you stopped laughing. Sherlock looked down at the sleeping child in his arms and smiled. ''My family is more important.'' He said. ''Besides, that case will still be there when she feels better. Everyone at Scotland Yard is an imbecile.'' You laughed, causing your daughter to wake up and start crying again. ''I'll get the violin.'' Sherlock sighed. He stood up and handed you Delilah. You gently held her against your chest as Sherlock played a beautiful melody. Your family couldn't get any better.