Not Sherlock

Requested by PrincessPeach211

I hope you all like it ♥

***

''Sherlock!'' You exclaimed. You slammed the door of 221B shut and ran over to your cousin. He chuckled and stood up so you could hug him. ''Good to see you again, (Y/N).'' You wrapped your arms around him and hugged him tightly, he patted your back until you let go.

Sherlock was your favourite member of the family. You two were very similar, and not just in the way you behaved. You looked so much like him, you could easily be his twin sister. You were slightly shorter than him and your hair wasn't as curly as his, but you really did look like him. You and Sherlock had always been close. You'd always be there for each other and you loved to hang out together and solve cases.

But that changed when you were forced to move to the United States for your job. You didn't see Sherlock as often as you'd like, so you decided to take a few days off and visit your favourite cousin in London.

''Working on a new book?'' Sherlock wondered, genuinely interested in your writing career. ''Yes.'' You stated proudly. ''Another novel about murder?'' Sherlock chuckled, already knowing the answer. You playfully rolled your eyes. ''Duh.'' You sat down at the desk and took your laptop out of your bag. You had so many ideas on the flight to London, you just had to write them down immediately. You started typing away on your laptop as Sherlock retreated to the kitchen to experiment on God knows what.

The door opened but you didn't turn around, you were in the middle of writing the chapter where the murderer tries to kill your protagonist. ''Sherlock, are you writing on John's blog again? He told you not to do that anymore.'' Greg said disapprovingly. You stopped typing and turned around, wondering who was talking to Sherlock. You saw a handsome man with grey hair and kind eyes. ''Hello.'' You greeted, smiling softly. ''Oh, I'm so sorry. I thought you were Sherlock.'' His cheeks became bright red as he struggled to get the words out of his mouth. You giggled at that, he was adorable. ''Well, you're obviously not Sherlock. You're a lady, a lovely looking lady. Oh God, I didn't mean to say that, it's just you're very pretty. I should just stop talking.'' He rambled. You stood up and reached your hand out. ''I'm (Y/F/N).'' You introduced, still giggling. ''Greg Lestrade.'' He said sheepishly. You gave him a reassuring smile and shook his hand. ''It's nice to meet you, Greg.'' You said. ''Sherlock's in the kitchen if you want to see him. I think he's experimenting on something.'' Lestrade nodded and headed to the kitchen, the image of your smile engraved in his mind.

''Sherlock?'' Lestrade called. ''Morning, Gary.'' Sherlock greeted. ''It's Greg.'' Sherlock hummed and continued experimenting on eyeballs, his favourite body part to light on fire. ''Who's the lady in your living room? Is she your girlfriend?'' Lestrade questioned. ''Who? (Y/N)? She's my cousin, you idiot. You're turning into Anderson, Gavin.'' Sherlock said, rolling his eyes. ''So, you wouldn't mind it if I asked her on a date?'' Greg suggested. Sherlock dropped the eyeballs and stared at Greg. ''You are not taking her out on a date.'' He stated. ''Why not? She seems nice, we're both adults.'' Greg argued. ''That's my cousin!'' Sherlock hissed. ''So?'' Greg shrugged. ''ABSOLUTELY NOT!'' Sherlock shouted. Greg rolled his eyes and went back to the living room. He was going to ask you out whether Sherlock liked it or not. ''Hey, (Y/N).'' He began. You looked up from your laptop again and smiled. ''Would you like to grab a cup of coffee soon?'' You blushed and looked at your hands, no one had ever asked you out before. They always avoided you because you were a 'freak'. 

''I'd love to.'' You mumbled. Greg smiled proudly and quickly wrote his phone number on a piece of paper. ''I'm looking forward to it. Call me when you're free.'' He gave you a final wink before he left, leaving you at 221B with butterflies in your stomach.