Blood

Warning:  Depression and self-harm. Do not read this if not comfortable!

Your life wasn't easy. You had been dealing with depression for a few years now and it was getting more and more difficult to find the strength to stay alive. Today was one of the tougher days. Sherlock had been on a case all day and he wasn't there to support you. You tried to fight it, you truly did. But you could no longer resist and you gave in to the urges. You stood up from the bed and went to the bathroom. You closed the door but didn't lock it since you would be home alone for a while. You looked in every single drawer until you finally found what you were looking for, a sharp blade. You picked it up with shaking hands and watery eyes. You let yourself sink to the bathroom floor and started sobbing silently, you just couldn't hold it in any longer. You pressed the blade onto your forearm, on top of some old scars. You pressed it deeper into your skin and then dragged it across. The blood immediately started flowing but you were so used to the pain that you barely felt the wound sting at all. Now that you got a taste of something that you had missed so much, you craved more. You cut again and again and again until your entire forearm was covered in new scars and a lot of blood. You decided that that arm had endured enough damage and you moved on to your other arm. You repeated the same process until you couldn't take it anymore. You dropped the blade as you watched the blood flow from your arms. Black dots started to cloud your vision and you tried to stand up so you could soak up all the blood. However, dizziness struck you and you fell back onto the bathroom floor. It didn't take long for you to completely black out.

Sherlock entered the flat a little while later that night. He had finally solved the case and couldn't wait to see you again. He hung up his coat and scarf and expected you to come running over to him like you always did when he got home from a long case, but you didn't. The flat remained silent and Sherlock started to worry. ''(Y/N)?'' He called. No response. ''(Y/N)?'' He called again, a little louder now. You didn't respond this time either. He ran to your bedroom and tried to look for any clues but he couldn't find a single thing that told him what had happened to you. He started to panic and ran to the bathroom to see if you were there. His eyes met a horrible sight as soon as he opened the door. You were laying on the floor, your arms and the floor covered with blood. You were unconscious and barely breathing. ''NO!'' He shouted. He kneeled down next to your limp figure and wrapped as many towels as he could around your arms to stop the bleeding. He pulled his phone from his pocket and called for an ambulance. ''M-My wife cut herself again, she's barely breathing. I need an ambulance immediately!'' He stammered into the phone. ''You need to stay calm, sir.'' The operator said. ''We traced the phone call and an ambulance is on the way to your flat right now. Try to wake your wife up.''

Sherlock noticed your pulse getting weaker as he waited for the ambulance to arrive. ''HURRY!'' He screamed into the phone. He pulled your body against his chest and sobbed into your hair. ''Wake up, (Y/N). Wake up!'' He begged. Your breathing slowed down, almost stopping completely. ''Please.'' He begged, starting to cry even more as he held you tightly against him. You were losing too much blood and the chance of the ambulance getting to the flat in time was very small. ''I should have realised that you were struggling, Love. I shouldn't have taken that case, I should've stayed with you. I could have saved you. I'm so sorry!'' The loud sirens of the ambulance came closer and stopped when they reached the flat. Paramedics rushed inside to save your life. But by then.... it was already too late.

A/N:

I wrote this yesterday to distract myself. I wasn't sure if I wanted to publish this but I'm doing it. I still have some requests to write and I promise that I will get to them as soon as I can. I have exams soon and I'm starting to become ill so forgive me if it takes a little longer.

Just to be clear, I do not promote self harm nor do I want you to hurt yourselves in any way! You shouldn't underestimate depression and self harm, they're terrible things that many people suffer from. If you ever need to talk, know that you can talk to me. I love every single one of you very much and I wish none of you any harm. You are all worth it. Thank you so much for 24K reads. Also, thank you for reading/voting and for all your lovely comments. I love reading your reactions and opinions. I hope you have a lovely day and don't forget to stay strong ♥