The Parent Trap

Requested by PrincessPeach211.

I hope you all like it. I'll apologise once again for the lack of updates. It's just going to be like this for a while. I feel horrible about it because I'm letting you all down and I also terribly miss writing. I'm very sorry. I love you all so, so much and you mean the world to me. I'm trying to write as often as I can, but unfortunately, it's not much. Thank you so much for 120K. I truly don't deserve it, but I'm glad I have reached this incredibly high number of reads! ♥

~***~

''We need to fix this.'' Rosie decided. You nodded in agreement. ''I agree. We need to get those two together.'' You and Rosie sat on the bed in your bedroom. Over the past few years, as the two of you grew older, you noticed the tension that always lingered in the room whenever John and Sherlock were together. You and Rosie managed to figure out what was going on between the two of them. You didn't do this by yourselves, you and Rosie had some help from your uncle, Mycroft. 

He told you about how they met and how their relationship developed over the years as they solved cases together and lived in the same flat. After explaining all that, he told you about the hidden feelings they had for each other. You and Rosie quickly put two and two together and came to the conclusion that your father and Rosie's father were completely blind.

Your father, Sherlock, always claimed to be the smart sociopath who could deduce and figure everyone out within minutes, yet he failed to notice John's feelings for him. It was evident that Sherlock was in love with the ex-army doctor. You weren't stupid. Your father taught you how to deduce and you could read him like an open book. After all those years of living together and being friends, he still hadn't noticed John's feelings. The only logical reason you could think of was that he was simply an idiot, but so was John. It was evident in the way they behaved around each other, yet they still failed to notice. It was driving you and Rosie insane and you just had to do something about it.

Over the years, John had become like a second father to you. He was always around and you were very close to him. He had helped you a lot over the course of your life and loved you like you were a daughter of his own. It gave you a happy and warm feeling, something that you lacked in the early years of your life. Your mother died shortly after you were born. This was also an important reason of why you and Rosie had such a strong connection. Her mother had died after she was born as well. It was tough at times, but the understanding you had for each other managed to keep you going. To Rosie, Sherlock had become like a second father to her as well. He had always taken care of her since the beginning and even though he was struggling with raising you on his own, he never refused to help John out. Sherlock and John both struggled with the passing of their wives, but that was what was so great about their relationship, they had each other's backs. They were there for each other and they were always ready to pick the other up after they were going through a rough patch. This caused feelings to develop that were much stronger than friendship. But the blogger and the consulting detective were too blind to notice that the other felt the same way. You wanted your father and John to be happy, and so did Rosie. You two felt obligated to get them together, so you came up with a plan.

''You've seen the film The Parent Trap, right?'' Rosie asked you. You shook your head. Just like your father, you hated those stupid films that made no sense. ''I don't know what you do with your life, (Y/N).'' Rosie giggled playfully. You rolled your eyes and smiled. ''Just tell me about your plan.'' She then started to explain the entire film and how the parents of the twin girls in that particular film were brought back together. You absolutely loved the idea. ''This is definitely going to work.'' You agreed. ''See, I'm just as smart as you are!'' She exclaimed. ''I have an IQ of 152.'' You pointed out. Rosie rolled her eyes and was about to say something back, probably about how you should stop bragging, when she was interrupted by the sound of chuckling coming from the living room. ''What was that?'' You wondered. ''You're supposed to be the smarter one, (Y/N). You tell me!'' Rosie said. You rolled your eyes again and hopped off the bed to investigate what was going on. You quietly opened your bedroom door and peered inside the living room, Rosie right behind you. ''Oh my God.'' She muttered. A wide smile appeared on both your faces as you saw what was causing the laughter.

''Sherlock! Stop it, I'm trying to write a new blog post.'' John protested. Sherlock smiled smugly and continued to kiss the blogger's cheek, moving down to his neck and collarbone. John chuckled and tried to push Sherlock away, but he wasn't willing to give up that easily. ''Kiss me, John.'' Sherlock whined. ''After I finish this.'' He decided, focussing on his laptop. ''I want a kiss now. I'll die if you won't kiss me, John. Is that what you want?'' The detective continued to prod. John huffed playfully and placed his laptop on the table in front of him. ''Fine!'' He gave in. He pressed a brief kiss on Sherlock's lips and smirked when the detective groaned as he pulled away too soon. ''That doesn't count.'' Sherlock protested. ''The kids might hear us, Sherlock. I'll kiss you again as soon as they're asleep and won't catch us.'' 

You and Rosie stepped forwards at his words. ''The kids have already heard you.'' You stated, smiling like an idiot. Sherlock jumped up, nearly falling over. He straightened his suit jacket and pretended to be working on another case. ''Hello, girls. Have you finished all your homework?'' A red-faced John wondered, changing the subject. Rosie rolled her eyes and you snickered. ''Honestly, dad, we're happy for you.'' Rosie stated. ''We were actually planning on getting the two of you together, but I see we won't be needed after all.'' You smirked. ''You don't mind then?'' Sherlock asked, finally turning around and facing you two. ''Not at all.'' You and Rosie answered simultaneously. ''Now, we'll be 'asleep' in my bedroom, so you lovebirds can do whatever you want.'' Both Sherlock's and John's face heated up and you winked at them before heading back to your bedroom, pulling Rosie along. ''Good night, Dad!''