Introducing The Boyfriend

Today was the day. You are going to introduce your boyfriend to your father. You are beyond nervous, he has never approved of anyone who you brought home with you. And your uncle would always threaten them and scare them off. But you wouldn't allow that to happen today. You were prepared this time. ''You seem nervous.'' Your boyfriend pointed out. ''Aren't you?'' You asked with a worried smile on my face. ''Of course not, (Y/N)! I'm sure that your father and uncle will like me.'' He said, smiling. You burst out laughing and he looked at you with a confused expression on his face. You were still laughing but you managed to speak in between giggles. ''My father is Sherlock Holmes, remember? My uncle practically is the British government. You should definitely be nervous.'' You looked at him and you deduced that he now was nervous too. ''I'll protect you, Max.'' You pressed a kiss on his cheek and the cab you two were in finally pulled over. You grabbed some money from your purse and was about to give it to the cabbie when Max stopped you. ''I'm the boyfriend. I will pay.'' You nodded and pressed another kiss on his cheek. You both got out of the car after he had paid and you were now standing in front of the door, too nervous to go in.

You took a deep breath and forced a smile on your face. Max chuckled and took the keys from your hand, opening the door and guiding you inside. ''Ready?'' He asked. ''Let's do this.'' You said confidently. ''Wait here. I'll prepare them.'' You opened the door to the flat and quickly closed the door behind you to prevent your family from seeing him. Your father and your uncle were sitting in the armchairs next to the fireplace. Mycroft was twirling his black umbrella with a dangerous look in his eyes and Sherlock was casually scratching the back of his head with a gun. ''Seriously?'' You asked. ''Present the boy to us.'' Sherlock demanded. ''Please be nice. Both of you. I really like him and I don't want you to scare him off like you did with the others.'' Your dad smiled innocently and your uncle was looking scarier than ever. ''Present the boy.'' Sherlock repeated. You rolled your eyes but opened the door and Max carefully entered the room.

''Good afternoon. My name is Maxwell Hutchinson.'' He said politely. ''Age?'' Mycroft asked. Great this was turning into an interrogation. ''I'm seventeen years old, sir.'' He carefully took a step closer to you and took a hold of your hand. ''Birthday?'' Sherlock asked. ''December 19, Mr. Holmes.'' ''Blood type?'' Mycroft asked as he stood up from the red armchair to inspect Max. ''W-Why is that important, sir?'' Max stuttered, clearly intimidated with Mycroft being so close and tall. ''Answer the question, Maxwell.'' Sherlock said, who was now standing next to his older brother with the gun still in his hand. Max gulped as he saw the gun but stayed polite. ''I don't know what my blood type is.'' He admitted. ''Are you staying for dinner?'' Your dad asked. Max looked at you and you nodded encouragingly as you slightly pinched his hand that was still tightly in yours. ''I guess so.'' He said.

~*~Time Skip.~*~

You were all sitting at the kitchen table, which wasn't swamped with stuff for experiments for the first time in your life. The silence was painful, occasionally being broken by the sounds of forks and spoons. Your dad was obviously not eating, he was just staring at Max with an expressionless face. ''(Y/N) told me that you are a consulting detective.'' Max asked Sherlock, a horrible attempt to break the silence. You kept quiet and hoped that your father would be nice. ''Yes.'' He answered bluntly. ''And you work for the government?'' Max questioned. ''Yes.'' Mycroft said coldly. ''(Y/N)?'' You turned and looked at him when he called your name. ''Why isn't your mother here?'' He asked, completely oblivious to the situation. Your eyes widened at the mention of your mother and you immediately looked at your father. Anger and sadness replaced his usual blank expression and Mycroft choked on a potato. ''Did I say something wrong?'' Tears filled your eyes and you tried so hard to keep it together in front of Max and your family. Sherlock jumped up and stormed to his bedroom, the gun fortunately on the table. Mycroft cleared his throat and stood up. ''Mrs. Holmes died two years ago.'' He said, flashing a gentle smile towards you. Max started to apologize profusely but all you could think about was your mother. The tears that you tried to hold back started rolling down your cheeks and small sobs escaped your mouth.

Max stood up and gently rubbed your shoulders, trying to comfort you but immediately backed away when Mycroft came dangerously close to him. ''I suggest that you leave this flat this instant. Don't speak, you've done enough already. Just look frightened and scuttle.'' He said, anger radiating from his voice. Max grabbed his coat from the rack and left. You were still sobbing and didn't notice that Max had left. You finally looked up when you felt a cold hand on your shoulder. ''Why didn't you talk to him about your mother?'' Mycroft questioned, his voice soft and gentle like always when he spoke to you. You tried to speak but you were crying too much so you just shook your head. You heard some noises coming from your father's bedroom and Sherlock came back into the kitchen. His face held the same blank expression as usual but his eyes were visibly red and puffy. ''Where's the boy?'' He hissed. ''I made him leave.'' Mycroft replied. Sherlock nodded in approval and his expression softened when he saw you crying and shaking slightly. He scooped you up and carried you to the couch and wrapped a warm blanket around you. ''I'm so sorry, (Y/N).'' He whispered. You had stopped crying but you felt exhausted and sad. ''It's not y-your fault, dad. I should have t-told him before we got h-here.'' You stuttered. ''Please, don't be mad at him. He didn't know, he was only trying to talk to you.'' You defended, finally pulling yourself together.

''I think that Mycroft scared the boy enough,don't you agree?'' He chuckled. You smiled slightly and nodded. Sherlock pressed a kiss on your forehead and tucked you in completely. ''Go to sleep.''He whispered. You felt all the exhaustion at once and you nodded again, burying yourself in the fluffy blankets. ''We'll be back soon.'' Sherlock said as he grabbed his coat and scarf. ''Okay dad.'' You mumbled sleepily. The door slammed shut and you were about to close your eyes when realization hit you. ''Shit!''You exclaimed. You jumped up and ran after Sherlock and Mycroft. ''Leave Max alone!''     

A/N: OMG!!! Thank you guys so much for more than 4K reads!! I'm so grateful that you read my stories and vote for them. I get beyond excited when I get a notification that someone voted on one of my chapters. I hope that you enjoy reading my stories just as much as I enjoy writing them. I never thought that I would get 4K reads on any of my stories but this one has reached it! This is my most popular book and I hope that I'll be able to keep updating as often as possible. Feel free to check out my other stories as well! I would be honoured if you'd read them. Have a lovely day <3

- Just_A_Sherlockian